shalnark; hunter x hunter

[ requested ]

this story will be written with he/him pronouns

-

Y/n turned his keys as he locked the door to his house. There was nothing that he wanted to do more than take a shower then go straight to sleep. Between all the commotion with new employees at work and his body running on a mere 4 hours of sleep, let's just say y/n was beyond tired.

The first thing y/n did was throw his bag on the couch and head to the bathroom. He turned the water on before closing the door and getting undressed. The steam soon filled the bathroom and made him begin relaxing.

The feeling of the warm water on y/n's body made it almost worth going through the day because nothing could compare to it. As soon as he was done, y/n stepped out and dried himself off. Y/n put on the warmest pair of pajamas he could find then went to his bed.

Instead of sleeping, y/n decided it would be fun to catch up on all the anime he missed because of the extra hours of work he picked up this week. With no hesitation, y/n put on y/f/a. Almost immediately after the first few seconds started playing, all his fatigue was gone and he's loving every minute of watching the show.

A few episodes later, y/n start to get a little hungry so he headed to the kitchen to get a late-night snack. He left all the lights off because he was too lazy to put any of them while getting his snack. After y/n was done, he went back to his room with his snack in hand.

Y/n quickly ate his snack and then laid down while watching the show. Some hours had passed and y/n ended up falling asleep. It was the wee hours of the morning when a loud noise suddenly woke him up. At first, he thought he was just dreaming but a second, slightly quieter noise made him think otherwise. Y/n quickly got up and grabbed the bat out of his closet before tiptoeing to the living room.

At first glance, it looked as if nothing was missing or gone. But y/n checked any place for even the smallest evidence that something was moved. He moved slowly throughout the living room, scanning his eyes everywhere. Once he got to the other side of the room, y/n turned the lights on to expose whatever had made the sound. Instead of a thief, his eyes were met with a completely normal living room. Nothing was out of place, nothing was new.

Weird. I could've sworn I heard something fall.

As y/n double checked the front door, a shy thief was watching his every move. Truthfully, he broke in a few moments ago but immediately left. At first, he had every intention of stealing any and everything out of y/n's home, but his mind was changed when he laid eyes on him. A weird fuzzy feeling grew within his chest, a feeling never had the pleasure of feeling. With that, he put everything he grabbed back where he found them (dropping the bottle of hand sanitizer twice) then rushing out through the window he came in.

The thief's eyes lit when the lights turned on in the house. His eyes were captivated by y/n. Everything about him seemed to make the thief feel that unfamiliar fuzzy feeling throughout his entire body. Starting that night, the thief would wait for y/n to come home every night and watch his every move.

-

It had been a week or two since the mysterious event at y/n's house. Living alone, he wanted to have the utmost safety and not make himself vulnerable. Every night, he made sure to double-check that the doors and windows were locked securely. Thankfully, no one had tried to break in or rob him in the time being.

The day was going incredibly slow and y/n could not wait to get home and binge any and every show possible. The new employees were assigned to a different division early this morning, thankfully. Y/n was dreading having to give them the building tour.