light; death note

Fluff

You sat in class staring at the chalkboard as your teacher spoke. You were having a hard time understanding the criteria, unable to process what the teacher was saying. Scratching your head in frustration, you stared at your empty notebook and sighed. Y/n is the 2nd ranking student in the class, right under Light Yagami. You were smart, but not smarter than Light. You didn't mind much, honestly. You just knew you didn't want to be dumb, so you tried to understand as much as you could.

Light watched you as you struggled with the lesson. Light watched you often, actually. It's not like you did anything special. He just found you interesting. Every girl he met or knew of was insane, self-centered, and ignorant. You, on the other hand, you were intelligent, confident but selfless, and beautiful.

Suddenly, you looked over at Light and made eye contact with him. He flinched but then smiled at you. You tilted your head slightly as you wondered why he was already looking at you, but you smiled back awkwardly. The bell rang, dismissing the class. Light was making his way out of the door before you gently grabbed his sleeve.

He felt his sleeve being tugged, so he turned his head and saw you looking up at him. He smiled sweetly before turning his whole body to face you.

"Hey, y/n. Did you need something?" Light asked with a smile.

"Hey, Light. I know you're probably busy but I've been having trouble with the current lesson and was wondering if you could help me out with it?" You rubbed the back of your neck, feeling bad for asking Light for help.

You didn't realize that you were still holding on to his sleeve. Light turned his hand over and gently grabbed yours.

"Of course I'll help you, y/n. Come by my place after school today. I'll text you my address," He said with his sweet smile

You blushed slightly at his touch but smiled back.

"Thank you!" You said happily, lightly squeezing his hand before walking off.

Light watched the back of your head as you walked away happily. The warm feeling of your hand holding his made his heart flutter.

Light was a smart and highly intelligent guy. Some might think he knew everything there was to know. But, what he didn't know was that you knew about the Death Note he had. One day, Light had left his bag in the classroom. You thought about taking his bag and finding him to give it back. When you picked up his bag, a black notebook fell out. You bent down to pick it up when you noticed the words "Death Note" on the front and some rules on the back. You read them carefully, your heart beating faster with every word you read. You heard footsteps down the hall, so you quickly put the notebook in his bag and placed it exactly where it was before rushing out of the classroom's other exit before Light noticed you were there.

The day after you found Light's notebook, you had processed and connected the criminal deaths to Light's book. It all made sense to you, the sudden rise in criminal death rates that were caused mostly by heart attacks with the occasional "supposed" suicides. Part of you supported Light and part of you was scared. You thought that if he knew that you had any knowledge or even suspicion of the Death Note, he would kill you.

As time went on, you gradually started to understand Light's actions and decisions before you fully supported him. Sure, you thought he was kind of insane, but it made sense. He wanted to purify the world of its wrongs by purging those who were tainted with evil. It took a lot for you to pretend like things were okay or normal, but you got used to it. What made it even harder was the giant demon-like guy that would follow Light around all the time. You tried not to look at him so that his suspicion wouldn't be raised, but it was quite a challenge for the first couple of weeks.