kitamura; toradora!

Fluff

You grumbled quietly as you continued to walk home from school. On most days, your boyfriend, Kitamura, would walk home with you. Lately, though, he's been more busy than usual with being class president on top of baseball. You understood that he had priorities, but you missed him and you felt like you needed him now more than ever.

You had just started living alone in the apartment you and your mom shared. She was a businesswoman and she had just started traveling a bunch for work, leaving you at home so that you could continue doing school.

Your mom didn't pay much attention to you while she was living with you, but you always knew someone was there with you.

You unlocked the door to your apartment and walked inside. It was dark and cold since the heater had broken a few days ago. You turned on the lights and closed the door.

Hanging your jacket on the hanger and placing your shoes to the side, you felt a vibration come from your pocket. You reached your hand in and grabbed your phone.

New Message
From: Kita<3
To: Y/N(:

Hey! Did you make it home safe?

To: Kita<3
From: Y/N(:

Yeah.

You gave him a simple response before placing your phone on the kitchen counter and headed towards the fridge. You didn't bother waiting for a response since you thought he'd probably be busy.

Usually, you'd reply with more enthusiasm, but after Kitamura being distant lately, your enthusiasm had died down a bit. You missed him so much that it started to hurt. The last time you were able to have a conversation with him was probably a week ago.

You sighed, getting frustrated because you realized you didn't have much food left. You closed the fridge and decided to head to the store.

You put on your shoes and jacket, grabbed your phone and keys, and reached for the door. As you opened the door, you saw Kitamura standing there with a plastic bag, looking like he was about to knock on the door. You both looked at each other shocked before you broke the silence.

"Uh, hey? What're you doing here?" You asked him, motioning for him to come inside.

You took your shoes off and walked over to the couch to sit down.

Kitamura chuckled nervously as he took off his coat and shoes and walked over to the kitchen. You watched him as he started putting away food in your fridge.

"Oh! I wanted to stop by to see if you were free. I brought some groceries over for you because I know you've been living alone lately..." Kitamura said, his voice getting softer the more he spoke.

For some reason, you felt annoyed when he said he wanted to see if you were free.

"Of course I'm free. You're the one who's been busy for the past week and a half while I've just been in the background." You mumbled the last part as you looked at the ground.

Kitamura looked at you with sad eyes. He finished up putting the groceries away and started to walk over to you. You kept your eyes away from his as you saw his figure get closer and closer to you. He sat next to you and pulled you into a tight hug.

"I know I've been distant lazy because of school and I'm sorry, but don't think that you're just some extra. I love you." Kitamura said in hopes to reassure you.

You wrapped your arms around his torso and relaxed under his touch. You missed being able to hold him like this. You missed his scent and the way his lips felt on yours.

You sighed realizing that it's not really his fault. Now you felt bad for making him apologize for something he couldn't control.

"I'm sorry." You said while pulling away.

Kitamura tilted his head and looked at you confusingly.

"It's not your fault. I'm just being selfish because I miss you, so don't apologize." You said, looking away from him.

Kitamura's confused expression changed into a soft one. He brought a hand up to your cheek so that your eyes would meet his. He gave you a sweet smile and leaned in to meet your lips. You closed your eyes and melted into the kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck as you pushed him down onto the couch. You lied on top of him, his arms snaked around your waist and your lips still connected.

You pulled away and looked at him in the eyes with a smile. You pecked his lips again and rested your head on his chest. He began to rub your back up and down with his hand as the other one was rested on your lower back. Your eyes began to close until there was a loud grumble that came from your stomach.

Kitamura stopped rubbing your back and looked down at you. Your face was tinted red as you looked up at Kitamura with an awkward smile. He chuckled at you and slowly sat up.

"What do you wanna eat?" He asked as he got up from the couch and into the kitchen.

"Anything." You said with a close-eyed smile.

Kitamura began to cook, leaving you on the couch to watch tv. You got bored and decided to see what he was making. You made your way to the kitchen and watched him cook. You wrapped your arms around his torso as you made your way behind him. He smiled as he felt your touch. You rested your head on his back as he finished up the food.

"Thank you, Kita!" You said excitedly and started to eat.

"Of course." He said with that sweet smile of his.

You both finished eating and you brought the dishes to the sink to clean them. Kitamura followed you and wrapped his arms around your neck as he rested his chin on the top of your head. You smiled up at him and gave him a kiss before turning your attention back to the dirty dishes.

After you finished cleaning up, you changed into PJs and plopped yourself on the couch, sighing with content. Kitamura made his way over to you and lied on top of your body. He was shirtless and was wearing a pair of sweatpants that you kept in your room for whenever he came over.

He crawled over you and lied down. His head rested on your stomach and he closed his eyes. You placed a hand on his back and ran the other one through his hair.

"You're not going home tonight?" You asked him in a soft voice.

"I texted my parents already. I want to spend time with you." He replied.

He pushed himself up, his face hovering over yours. You smiled at him and brought your lips to his in a short sweet kiss. You rested your head back down as he smiled at you. He took his glasses off and set them on the table before placing his head back on your stomach.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too."

- waveybdj

Requests open