daichi; haikyuu!!

Fluff

You're a third-year manager for Karasuno's volleyball team. You first joined when your friend, Kiyoko, was offered the job when you both were first-years. She didn't want to do it alone and since you knew more about volleyball than she did at the time, she thought you'd enjoy the job. You accepted her offer, reluctant at first because you were worried that the players wouldn't like you, but it ended up being the best decision you had made since you started high school.

When you first walked into the gym, there were only a few players. They were all sweating and panting as they received serves from both sides of the court. You caught the eye of a certain black-haired male. He stared at you, completely forgetting about the drills he was supposed to be doing. You were observing the court and it's players when your eyes finally locked with his. His face started to heat up when you smiled sweetly at him and waved.

"Daichi!" One of the players yelled.

"Huh-oof!" A ball smacked him right in the face, causing him to fall backward.

You giggled a little at his clumsiness, catching the attention of the gym. You smiled and waved awkwardly as you introduced yourself.

Ever since that day, you and Daichi became really close. He would walk you home after practice and sometimes you would help him study when he needed it. You couldn't help but fall for the sweet guy. He was so thoughtful, passionate, and caring. You couldn't forget the fact that when he smiled at you, his cheeks would be dusted pink every single time. You loved the way he looked at the volleyball court and how he supported the team. His eyes sparkled when he was really focused on a game, making you fall for him even more.

You watched Karasuno play against Johzenji in an intense rally. You were clutching your clipboard, anxiety filling your stomach. You bounced your leg up in down, trying to calm your nerves, but it only made you look like you had to use the bathroom. You watched the ball float in the air as it traveled to the right side of the court. You and Coach Ukai watched the ball intently. For a split second, you looked towards the ground to see who would save the ball from hitting the ground. Your eyes widened as you saw Daichi and Tanaka dive for the ball at the same time.

"Wait!" You yelled. It was too late as Tanaka and Daichi collided.

"Daichi!" You called out to him.

He didn't respond. You jogged over to him with a worried look on your face. You crouched down onto your knees and placed a hand on his back. After a few seconds, Daichi regained consciousness, groaning in pain. He sat up and spit out a tooth.

Tanaka apologized, fear and regret covered his face. Daichi continued to reassure him before Ukai told you to take him to get checked for a concussion. You pulled one of Daichi's arms over your shoulders as you supported him while walking away.

On the way to the nurse, you stayed silent. Daichi glanced at you, wondering why you were being unusually quiet. When he saw your face, his eyes widened a bit. You looked so anxious; your eyes were filled with worry as you the scene had replayed in your mind. When he didn't wake up, you were beyond scared.

"Hey," Daichi said, snapping you out of your worried daze. "I'm okay. Don't worry." He smiled at you sweetly.

Your expression softened as you saw him smile. You looked at the ground, continuing to walk him.

"I don't know what I would've done if you didn't wake up." You said quietly. Before he could respond, the nurse that was waiting for you guys called you over to the room.

You walked into the room with Daichi and sat him down on the leather bed. You hung your head low as the nurse performed the concussion check procedure on him, staying silent as you hoped that there was nothing wrong with him. When the nurse stated that Daichi was going to be fine, you sighed in relief. You didn't know how long you were holding your breath for, but you closed your eyes and clasped your hands together, leaning them on your forehead.

After the nurse checked Daichi, she left the room and said we could leave when we were ready. You both sat down in silence for a few seconds before you stood up and walked over to the door.

"Let's go back so you can play-" You tried to say but was interrupted by Daichi pulling you towards him.

You stood in between his legs as he stayed seated on the leather bed. He wrapped his arms around your torso as he buried his face in your shoulder. Tears had filled your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his head. Daichi heard your quiet sobs and squeezed you tighter.

After a few minutes, your breathing calmed, causing Daichi to loosen his grip and pull his head back to look up at you. He brought a hand up to caress your cheek and wipe away the tears.

"Thank you." He smiled at you sadly.

You sniffed and looked at him confused. "For what?"

"For worrying about me." He said, rubbing your cheek with his thumb.

You started to lean down towards his face, your eyes flickered from his lips back to his eyes. He leaned upwards and pressed his lips onto yours in a sweet kiss. He moved his hand from your cheek and snaked it back around your waist to pull you closer. You pulled away first and rested your foreheads together.

"I love you." He said suddenly.

Your cheeks heated up at his words, a huge smile starting to form on your face. You buried your face into his neck and squeezed him tightly.

"I love you too." You mumbled into his neck.

Extra

You and Daichi were holding hands as you both walked behind the team. Hinata turned around and saw your PDA, yelling in shock.

"WHAAAAT?!" The team yelled as they saw you two holding hands.

You started to blush and rub the back of your neck nervously. Daichi laughed nervously at his team's reaction.

Kageyama, Tanaka, and Nishinoya started to throw endless questions at you and Daichi, not even giving you the chance to answer. Daichi started to get visibly annoyed as he sent the three a death glare, telling them to shut up. They backed away in fear as Daichi's expression quickly turned into a smile and started to pull you along with him to walk ahead of the group.

You giggled at Daichi, causing him to look at you confused. Once he turned his head, you pecked his lips and continued to walk. His eyes widened as his face became flustered.

"Gross," Tsukishima said as he pushed up his glasses.

"You're just mad because you're too salty to have a girl actually like you." Kageyama spat at him.

"Shut up, as if you can talk," Tsukishima said back at him. They both glared at each other intensely.

"I'm pretty lucky, aren't I?" Daichi said with a smile.

"So am I." You said as you clung to his arm.

- waveybdj

Requests open