tanaka pt.2 ; haikyu!!

It's been a week since you witnessed the scene of Kiyoko and Tanaka in the gym after practice.

You were more angry than sad now, but you knew it was just a cover-up. 

You loved Tanaka. He was so good to you. 

That's why you hated him at the same time. He was so good to you, yet he broke your heart in the worst way. He was so good to you that he couldn't even admit the truth of how he felt about Kiyoko.

You thought you'd be mad at Kiyoko too, but it wasn't her fault. You just wished Tanaka had just told you that he still loved Kiyoko instead of willingly betraying you.

This whole situation has left you appalled and confused. Of all people, you never thought that the one you loved most would be the one who broke your heart.

Tanaka wasn't acting the same either.

He was quieter and was doing significantly worse during practice. Some of his teammates wanted to help him out, but they were also incredibly disappointed in his actions. They loved and cared about Tanaka, but this is something they couldn't sympathize with.

The most they did to help him, was to tell him to focus on volleyball and what he's doing in practice instead of letting his mind wander. Even Kiyoko couldn't stand to look at him.

After feeling like he lost everyone, that's when Tanaka broke. He felt alone, depressed, and filled with regret. 

He did love you. He loved you so much but he still went on and kissed Kiyoko because of those feelings he had for her before. She was the one he fell in love with when he first attended Karasuno. It was literally love at first sight.

When he met you, his feelings began to change. He still cared about Kiyoko, but he knew he fell in love with you. 

What he couldn't wrap his head around was why he ended up kissing Kiyoko. It was all he ever thought about. Every day, he questioned himself. He asked why he willingly betrayed the person he loves the most. 

Tanaka didn't go to school on Monday the next week, no did he go to school the Tuesday after that. When he didn't show up on Wednesday, that's when everyone began to get really worried. 

When dealing with a breakup, everyone thought Tanaka would be gone for a day or two at most since he also had the weekend for himself. 

He hasn't left his house in five days. 

Even you began to grow worried about his absence. You didn't want to worry, you didn't even want to care about him anymore. You thought it was stupid for him to act like this when you were the one who caught him kissing someone else. You hated yourself for caring about him so much, but some things can't be helped.

"Hey, Y/n?"

You turned your head at the sound of your name. There stood Hinata and Kageyama at the opening of your classroom door. Hinata smiled at you sadly as he Kageyama motioned for you to step out for a second.

You smiled back with a sad smile and got up from your desk. The class wasn't going to start for another five minutes, so you had time to spare.

"What's up, guys?" 

You knew they were going to bring up Tanaka, but you asked anyway.

Hinata and Kageyama looked at each other before looking back at you. They seemed nervous to bring up whatever they were going to bring up, but you stood there patiently. You didn't have a problem with the rest of the team, but this whole situation was bad all around.

"Um, Tanaka hasn't been around for a few days..." Hinata started.

"We know what he did was messed up and borderline unforgivable, but the team really needs him back," Kageyama said awkwardly.