killua; hunter x hunter

A/N: Lowkey spoliers
Fluff

How long are we supposed to wait for this exam to start? You thought to yourself as you rolled your eyes.

It had been hours since you first arrived and there were already people who got there before you. For the past 30 minutes, no one else came through the doors, so you'd assume that everyone who was taking the exam would be here. You sighed and looked away from the door and down at the people who stood below you. You were sitting on one of the pipes that ran across the ceiling to avoid any unwanted conversations. Almost everyone down there was either older than you or too annoying to converse with.

As you pondered your thoughts on the examinees below you, something moved in the corner of your eye. You glanced over to the doors and saw them open. Out walked a white-haired boy with blue eyes. He looked like he didn't even want to be there at first. You noticed he was looking around at the people's faces as if he was trying to find someone he knew.

"Oi, I wouldn't drink that juice if I were you. It's filled with laxatives." The white-haired boy warned some people as Tonpa offered them a can of juice.

You smirked and chuckled lightly, earning a glance from the boy. You looked at him and stuck your tongue and threw up a peace sign. He scoffed and looked away from you. You decided to jump down from the pipe and walk over to the boy.

"You look like you've been here before." You said as you stood next to him.

"This is my second try at the exam." He grumbled to himself.

"Why'd you fail last time?" You asked, trying to continue the conversation.

He stayed silent, a sad look appeared on his face. You sensed that he felt uncomfortable when you asked that question, so you decided to change the subject.

"I'm Y/n. What's your name?" You asked, turning your head to look at him.

"Killua Zoldyck."

Ooooo, a Zoldyck. You thought.

You and Killua talked to each other, laughing and joking at some points. He talked about the adventure he was going on and why he was so determined to get his hunter's license. The adventures he talked about that he went on with his friend Gon sounded fun and exciting. You were almost jealous he had friends like that.

Before you were able to talk much about yourself, the speakers in the room announced that the exam was about to start.

"Well, good luck." You said with a smile.

Killua blushed and looked away. "Thanks," he muttered.

The exam starts and the goal is for people to take each other's badges. Ah, so the purpose is to weed out those who are weakest-

You were interrupted by a streak of blue electricity that sped and interweaved through the crowd of people. You followed the light with your eyes and saw a glance of a familiar white-haired male. What a rare ability. You thought to yourself as you smirked. You stood in your place, following Killua with your eyes.

Within a few seconds, you realized you were the last one standing. Killua sped towards you, reaching his hand to hit the back of your neck. You dodged him, making him stare at you in disbelief.

He tried it again, and you dodged it with ease.

"Oi, stop moving!" He yelled as he sped towards you again.

Just before he made contact with you, you grabbed his wrist with your right hand and gripping the back of his neck with your left. In one swift motion, you pinned Killua to the ground, keeping his arm behind his back.

"What the-"

"You're not the only one who wants to pass, you know?" You chuckled as you put more pressure on him.

"I have to pass-"

"To get back to Gon, I know I know." You continued his sentence for him. "You know, it'd be such a shame if all of your hard work went to waste..." You said, tightening your grip around his neck.

"Tch. F-fine. Just let me go." He strained out.

You sighed and let go of him.

"I'll help you with the badges." You said innocently as you walked over to one of the paralyzed bodies.

It took way longer than you both had anticipated to pick up all of the badges. There were so many that you had to drag them out with a large piece of cloth. Killua opened the door leading to the exit.

"Oh! We have our first... examinee..." The Examiner started.

His voice slowed down as Killua and you dragged out the badges and dropping them in front of him. You both smiled at each other and giggled victoriously.

"Welp. I guess you two are the only ones that pass this year." The Examiner said after hanging up the phone.

"Well, I hope you and Gon find his dad." You said sadly.

You only took the exam because you were bored. Now that it's over, you didn't know what you were going to do. You didn't have a plan or anyone to plan anything with.

Killua stared at you, seeing the sad look on your face as you forced a smile. He recognized that look because he always had it. Despite the fact that he just met you, he couldn't help but feel a spark between you two.

"Wanna come with me?" He muttered, looking away from you.

"Wh-what? Really?!" You asked excitedly.

"Y-yeah. Don't get the wrong idea!" He yelled as a blush started to form on his pale cheeks.

"Yes! Thank you!" You yelled as you jumped on him for a hug.

He was gonna tell you to get off of him until he felt your grip tighten around his body. He hugged you back gently before realizing the position you were in.

"O-oi! Get off!" He yelled.

You laughed and jumped off of him.

"Let's go, Killua!" You said, pointing your finger and started walking.

"Other way, idiot." He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"H-hey!" You yelled as you jogged behind him.

He smirked and continued to walk.

-waveybdj

Requests open