kise; kuroko no basket

Fluff/Angst

You waited at a café for Kise. Today, both of you were supposed to eat lunch together. It was pretty rare for Kise to have free time but whenever he did have free time he would spend it with you. With all the practice he does for basketball, he's always busy. You understood that he wanted to get better and to beat Aomine, so you supported him all the way.

Kise loves you. You guys aren't together in a romantic relationship, but he knows that he loves you with everything he has. He knows you enjoy being around him because of who he is, not because of his looks and popularity. You were never afraid to call him out when he was acting like a fool, you teased him because of his looks and popularity, and you're always there for him whenever he's feeling down and whenever he's feeling happy. You were there for him at his worst and you deserve to be there when he's at his best.

Kise had tried to drop little hints about his feelings for you by occasionally flirting with you. You would usually brush him off and dismiss his flirtatious acts as teasing by laughing it off. Sometimes he would get frustrated and pout like a child which made you confused and scold him for being an idiot.

Although, the fangirls were a pretty huge problem between you two. Even though you aren't in a relationship, you would often get irritated and jealous. This didn't go unnoticed by Kise. He tried his best to try and dismiss the crowd of girls that followed him around, but they would often overpower him. You would pretend everything was okay and smile, but Kise always saw through you. Even though he acted like an idiot sometimes, he genuinely cared about you.

"Why is he taking so long..." You mumbled to yourself quietly.

You looked at the clock on the wall and sighed.

"Guess I'll go and look for him."

You got up from your seat and pulled out your phone. Dialing Kise's number, you walked along the sidewalk. Cars passed by, their loud vrooming filling the ear that didn't have your phone covering it. You started to get an anxious feeling. It was unusual for Kise to be late or to not show up without at least telling you.

Kise wasn't picking up his phone which made your anxiety bubble up even more. You looked down at your phone to dial him again. Bringing the phone up to your ear, you lifted your head up as you turned the corner.

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped when you saw Kise. He was reaching a hand out to a girl that stood in front of him. You felt your heart thump harder than it ever has before. You would almost think it would explode right on the spot.

Kise looked up and saw your expression. You were clenching your shirt with one hand and the other was shaking as it held your phone.

"Y/n!"

You snapped out of your shocked gaze and lowered your head. You smiled sadly at the ground as hot tears started to fall from your eyes.

"I'm sorry, I won't disturb you." You croaked out as you turned around and started to run away.

You heard footsteps trailing behind you. You were fast enough to outrun Kise. No matter how fast you moved your legs or how much your lungs hurt from the cold air, you couldn't run fast enough.

You felt Kise's large hand wrap around your wrist and pull you close to him.

"K-Kise, what're you doing?" You said in between sobs as he held both of your wrists tightly.

"Let me explain! Please!"

You stopped struggling, realizing there was no way you'd be able to escape his grip. All you did was sob and shake your head from side to side. You were broken. Seeing Kise alone with another girl. Seeing him reach out his hand for her. You didn't know what else to think.

"Y/n!" Kise said, trying to get you to look at him.

He pulled you into a tight hug as he buried his face into your hair.

"I love you..." He whispered loud enough for you to hear.

You pulled away from him just enough to look up at his yellow eyes. You wiped your eyes dry and tried to stabilize your breathing.

"Th-Then who was that?" You asked, still wiping the tears from your eyes.

"She was just a fan, y/n. I was trying to tell her that I had to meet you, but she kept being persistent. As I was about to move her aside, you showed up. I promise you, y/n. I only want you."

You stared up at him with bloodshot and puffy eyes. You realized how bad you probably looked, so you turned your head and chuckled nervously.

"Sorry. I probably look crazy, huh?"

Kise brought up his hands and placed them on your cheeks. You looked up at him and leaned into his touch. Kise smiled at you sweetly and kissed your forehead before bringing his face so that it was leveled with yours.

"You always look beautiful, y/n," Kise whispered onto your lips.

Kise pressed his lips against yours in a sweet kiss. You tasted the strawberry chapstick that he wore, making your stomach fill with butterflies. You pulled away and smiled.

"Idiot." You said as you rested your head on his chest.

Kise wrapped his arms around you.

"So mean, Y/n-cchi!"

-

- waveybdj

Requests open