soma; food wars!

Fluff

You walked along the long dirt road, looking around the area and back at the piece of paper in your hands. You've been walking for a while now, trying to find the Polar Star Dormitory. You were slouched over, hungry, tired, and irritated. You were about to give up and just sleep under a nearby tree before you walked over a small hill and saw gates. Your eyes lit up, hoping this was where you were supposed to be.

You walked up to the black iron gates and admired the rustic building. Vines sprawled across the walls. The light from the sunsetting colored the building orange and purple, making it look like an Olympic building.

You had just transferred from (place) to Totsuki Culinary Academy in hopes of pursuing your culinary career. Although you had to move away from your family, this was something you've always dreamed of. You didn't expect to get into the harshest culinary educated school in the world, but that made you feel even more excited. Your cooking style was all over the place, but your dishes always turned out exceedingly delicious.

Cooking was something you thoroughly enjoyed. No matter how sad or stressed you were, cooking always calmed you down. The joy that food brings to people is underappreciated, at least that's what you thought.

You walked through the gates and opened the giant front doors of the building.

"Hello?" You called out.

Your voice echoed through the dark building. You scanned your eyes around, trying to see if there was anyone around. Your eyes stopped at a small sliver of light that shined through a door. You closed the door behind you and made your way to the light. Opening the door, it revealed a large kitchen. Everything was so spacious and huge, definitely not the same as the small kitchen you had at your apartment back home. Your eyes sparkled as you admired the kitchen's features. Not until a few seconds later did you notice a red-haired boy and an old woman looking at you.

When you made eye contact with the boy, his heart skipped a beat. Your eyes sparkled as the light from the ceiling reflected off of you (e/c) orbs. Your silky hair shined as some of it fell on your face. His cheeks started to heat up the longer he looked at you.

"Oh! Hello!" You said happily as you smiled and waved.

"Who might you be?" The old lady asked with a small smile.

"I just transferred here today. I was supposed to be here earlier but I got kind of lost." You said as you scratched the side of your cheek and smiled nervously.

"I got lost when I first got here too." The boy said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, in order for you to stay in this dormitory, you need to make me a dish that approved my taste." The old lady said, her expression turning serious.

You smirked at her challenge, earning and surprised look from the boy.

"Alright. When do I start?" You asked confidently.

The old lady and the boy watched you as you skillfully handled the items of the kitchen. You were fast, efficient, and you looked like you knew what you were doing. Soma couldn't help but notice the fact that you were smiling the whole time you were cooking. He could tell that you took joy in what you did and that you were very passionate when it came to cooking.

You topped off your dish with a garnish and served it to Fumio. She stared at the dish with sparkles in her eyes. It smelled delicious but looked so simple. Her mouth watered at the sight in front of her. She picked up her utensil and stuck it in the food you made. You watched her as she slowly put your food in her mouth. You felt anxious but excited to see what her reaction would be. It warmed your heart when you saw people who ate your food smile, so you always put your best in whatever you made.

Once Fumio put the food in her mouth, her face lit up and she scarfed down the whole dish. You looked at her in surprise but smiled at her content face. Soma looked at Fumio and back at you. He was impressed and curious as to what the dish tasted like.

Fumio regained her composure and cleared her throat.

"It was good. You pass." She said as she crossed her arms and closed her eyes with a smile.

Your eyes lit up at her approval and you pumped your fist in the air.

"Yea!" You celebrated.

Soma chuckled at your cuteness and took the empty dish that was in front of Fumio.

"Oh! I can wash it!" You said as you watched Soma walk over to the sink and turn on the water.

"It's fine. You can pay me back by doing a food battle with me." He said with a smirk.

You smirked at him and raised your head in confidence.

"Fine! But, you have to tell me your name first."

"Soma Yukihira. You?"

"Y/n." You said with a smile.

You and Soma cooked for the challenge but realized Fumio had already left so there was no one to taste your dishes except each other. You ate his dish and he ate yours. You really like each other's dishes, continuing to eat and give each other feedback.

After you ate, you and Soma stayed in the kitchen for hours, talking and laughing. By the time you looked at the clock, it was already past midnight.

"Wow, it got really late, didn't it." You said as you looked at the clock on the wall.

"Yeah," Soma said as he admired your features.

He couldn't help himself anymore. He placed a hand on yours and leaned in for a kiss. You were shocked at first, but you kissed him back gently. He pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear.

"Sorry. You're just really amazing." Soma said as he stared into your eyes and caressed your cheek.

You chuckled and looked back at him.

"I don't mind." You said as you leaned in for another kiss.

- waveybdj

A/N: Okay kinda trash, sorry. I wrote this during class LOL

Requests open