aomine; kuroko no basket

Fluff/Angst

The sound of the basketball hitting the ground echoed throughout the dimly lit basketball court. The street lights flickered, struggling to stay on. You stared at the orange basketball hoop with the broken net. Lowering your stance and quickening the dribble, you sped forward and hopped up, completing a simple lay-up. Sweat dripped down the sides of your face and covered your forehead. You pulled the neck of your shirt up to wipe it off. Dribbling the basketball again, you stood in the middle of the park's court alone.

The crescent moon shined bright as the clouds passed by, lighting the black-top court. The cool breeze grazing your sweat-covered skin, sending shivers down your back. You closed your eyes and held the basketball. The sound of your dribbling stopped, replaced by the rustling of trees as the wind blew softly.

"That idiot." You mumbled quietly as tears started to surface. You sighed as you opened your eyes to wipe them, beginning to dribble the basketball again.

Earlier that day, you were walking with Aomine to the roof where you and he would eat, talk, or just relax. You laughed at him as he dropped the food he was about to take a bite out of.

"Shut up." He grumbled and lied down with his arms spread out. You broke off a piece of your bread and held it in front of his mouth. He lifted his head up slightly and ate it, the usual scowl still apparent on his tanned face.

"Hankths." He said with the bread still stuffed in his mouth. You smiled at him sweetly as he motioned for you to lay in his arms. You rested your head on his chest and your arms on his torso as he draped both of his arms around your waist. His face softened as he stared at your figure, then lied his head back on the cold cement.

The sound of his heart beating and the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed relaxed you. It always did. You smiled to yourself. You both lived for these moments with each other.

"I love you." You mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"I love you too." He replied in his deep voice. Your smile grew as he tightened his hold around your waist. You looked up at him, seeing that he was already looking down at you. You moved closer to his face and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He smirked as you pulled away, resting your head back onto his chest.

It was still pretty early in the morning, you didn't have class, but Aomine just decided not to go as per usual. You weren't surprised when the pink-haired Momoi appeared, yelling at Aomine, ruining the moment for the both of you again.

Even though you knew Aomine only saw Momoi as his childhood friend, you knew she didn't like the fact that you were around him all the time which made you question how she really felt about him. She would always give you evil glares and give you an attitude, whether Aomine was there or not. He usually brushed it off, thinking, that's how she always acts. Sometimes she would get really close to Aomine whether she knew if you were there with them or not. It was the most frustrating thing that happened to you almost every day. You couldn't do anything about it because you didn't want Aomine to think you were jealous. If anything, she's the one who's jealous. You thought to yourself.

By the time Momoi was done yelling at Aomine, you both were already sitting up annoyed. She took a side glance at you and rolled her eyes before grabbing Aomine by the collar and dragging him away. Sorry. He mouthed as he disappeared through the metal doors.