rei; free!

Fluff

"You got it, Reiiiiii!!!!" You yelled at the top of your lungs. You were waving your hands back and forth so that he could see you from the bleachers. He looked at you and blushed as he waved back. Not with equal energy or enthusiasm, but he meant well. You smiled at him as he climbed onto the diving board and put on his goggles.

Ryugazaki Rei was your nerdy, awkward, caring boyfriend. Despite his awkwardness, you appreciated his efforts. He knew he wasn't the best at being a boyfriend, but you loved him for who he was. He tried so hard to be a good significant other. He read books on romance and couples, what girls like. He even watched romantic movies by himself. Though, he didn't know you knew this about him. Rei thought it was embarrassing that he had trouble with all this romance stuff.

You first met Rei when your guys' friend, Nagisa Hazuki, persistently tried to convince Rei to join the swim team. You are one of the managers for Iwatobi's swim club. At first, you thought there was no point in getting a track kid to join the swim team. I mean, he was a land type of guy who didn't know anything about swimming. Honestly, at first, you thought he was pretty hopeless and pathetic.

But, as you gradually got to know him and his motives, that's when you started to see him differently. Sometimes you would catch him in the library reading tons and tons of books about swimming. You smiled at the fact that he was trying so hard to learn how to swim. It was honestly inspiring and motivating.

After seeing him try so hard to improve, you finally gave in and tried to teach him to swim when you both had free time. He was super shy and awkward at first. He still kind of is, but when you first started to get to know each other, it was pretty bad.

As time went on, you both grew pretty close. He would walk you home after the day ended and you would talk to each other about what happened that day or how excited he felt about swimming. You both shared the same feelings but it took a while for you both to realize it.

Surprisingly, Rei was the one who had confessed his feelings towards you first.

You were at home on a Saturday, sitting in the living room of your home eating snacks and watching tv. Since you were in the comfort of your own home, you were wearing only shorts and an oversized hoodie that almost covered your shorts. Suddenly, you heard a knock at your front door. Confused, you walked towards the door and opened it, only to reveal the blueberry headed boy with a light blush on his cheeks. He tried to avoid eye contact with you after you opened the door.

"Rei? What are you doing here?" You asked concerned. Then you noticed his left hand was behind his back. Rei took a deep breath and looked directly into your eyes. You felt a bit awkward but blushed at this small gesture.

"Y/n. Th-these are for you." Rei said, revealing a bouquet of roses.

You couldn't help but smile and take them from him.

"Thank you, Rei! But why?" You asked while smelling them and then looking back up at him. He hesitated because he was nervous, but suddenly he grabbed your free hand and pulled you into a short sweet kiss. His soft lips connected with yours. You were shocked but didn't hesitate to kiss him back. He pulled away and turned his head, pushing up his red glasses.

"I l-like you. Will you go on a d-date with me?" He asked while still avoiding your sparkling eyes. His face was now completely red as he anxiously waited for your answer. You put a hand on his cheek so that he would face you. Slowly, you leaned towards him for another kiss. He leaned in too as your lips met in the middle. You pulled back and gave him a huge close-eyes smile.

"Of course, you nerd." You said. Rei lightly chuckled at the name you called him and pulled you into a hug.

"Good job, Rei!" You cheered as you met him and the rest of the team at the edge of the pool.

"Thanks, y/n." He said with a small smile and a blush. He leaned towards you to give you a kiss on the forehead.

"Good job to you guys too!" You acknowledged the rest of the team.

They all smiled and said "Thanks, y/n!" You smiled back and placed a small towel on Rei's head so that he could dry off his hair.

You all headed towards the team's bus. Everyone was exhausted, especially the boys. You sat next to the window on the left while Rei sat next to you in the hallway seat. You liked sitting near the window so you could get a better view of the scenery. Rei looked over to you and smiled to himself as he admired your shining eyes looking out of the window. The sun setting made your skin glow and your eyes sparkle.

He placed an arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer to him and said "How did I get so lucky?" This caused you to look up at him and blush a bright red. You smiled and leaned in for a kiss which he gladly returned.

"I think I'm the lucky one here." You said as you rested your head in between his shoulder and chest. He chuckled and kissed the top of your head. He began to feel sleepy and rested his head on top of yours. The slow rise and fall of his chest as he breathed made you feel sleepy too, causing your eyes to feel heavy and eventually fall.

"I love you, y/n," Rei mumbled.

You opened your eyes a bit and smiled. You snuggled closer to him and held his right hand. He squeezed it lovingly and rubbed your knuckles with his thumb.

"I love you too, Rei."

- waveybdj

Requests open