Chapter 7 "Reminiscing"

Yara's POV. 🦋

I woke up around 10 am. I decided to sleep in, the sleep was just hitting too different today. I touched down in New York yesterday, so today I thought I would just sleep off that jet lagged feeling. I got up washed my face, brushed my teeth and took a shower. I was meeting Kehlani today to show her the line of clothes I came up with for her upcoming tour. I put on a black jumpsuit with some 1's that I got the other day at the mall with Karin.

I grabbed the clothes off the rack and started making trips back and forth loading the clothes in my car

I grabbed the clothes off the rack and started making trips back and forth loading the clothes in my car. Once I was done, I grabbed my phone and purse, unlocking my doors and started pulling out my driveway. I connected my Bluetooth and started playing "Always and Forever" -MariahtheScientist.
I loved this song, it's been on replay everyday.

Atlantic Records was about 30 mins from my house/condo. While in New York, I stay in my condo but I have another house back in Atlanta. Once I arrived, I parked my car putting my clothing rack together, good thing it was adjustable to fit in my car. I put the clothes on the rack and started making my way through the big doors who had two big security on each who held the doors open for me.

I made my way through security and walked over to the front desk. "Hi my name is Yara Daniels. I'm here to see an artist here, Kehlani. My name should be on the visiting list." I said
The woman nodded looking over a long list of names on a paper and checked off my name. "Yes, I see your name here. I'll get ms. Kehlani down here." she said while picking up a phone. "In the mean time why don't you wait in seating area over there." she said smiling as she pointed to the right where there was a nice seating area with refreshments.

I nodded and thanked her pushing the clothing rack towards the area while I sat down and got on my phone to past time. I was scrolling through twitter when I heard someone yell "I CAME THRU SWERVING!" I looked up and seen Ben and 3Three. "Mane if you don't shut the fuck up, yo loud ass." 3Three said hitting Ben on his head.

I haven't seen them in years, I mean they were like my brothers once upon a time. I smiled reminiscing of our laughs, but my smile soon fading when realizing if they were here... HE had to be here too. I was about to get up and make an escape until Kehlani came out of the elevator making her way towards me.

"Heyyy bitchhh. I'm so glad you're here! Sorry for the wait, I was finishing some adlibs for a song." she said as she wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"Hey Lani! And of course I would come through for my bitch. I'm excited to show you these clothes. They give off your vibe and I know you gonna like them." I smiled

"Girl if you made them I know I'm gonna like them." she laughed as I joined her.

"Alright you ready to go up? This lobby mad crowded." she said looking around

"Yeah fasho, let go up." I said grabbing the rack and pushing it while walking behind her into the elevator. We took it up to the fifth floor walking into the hallway with multiple doors on each side. While walking we passed a studio door where you could visibly see smoke and the smell of weed as you walked pass. 'I know they loaded then a mf' I thought. We walked up to studio door 8 entering the room then sitting down. Me and Kehlani caught up on each other lives since I last saw her at a party a couple of weeks ago. She told me about her tour and how my clothes would be a big factor on showing who she is as an artist.

"Okay girl, I've waited long enough let me see the clothes!" she said sitting up on the couch

I laughed seeing her face. "Alright I hope you like these. I think they really represent you and your music as a whole." I said unzipping the garmet coverings over the clothes. Her face lit up as she stood up touching the material of each piece of clothing. I waited in anticipation for her reaction.

"Yara... you done did it again! These look AMAZING. Omg you really took the concept of my album and put it into the clothes! Thank you so much!" she said as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Of course, of course. I'm just glad you like them and  that you chose me for this task."

"Like them? I love them. And duh your the only acceptable person for this task. You never disappoint." she smiled

I smiled to myself at her words. I was happy I could make a difference and put a smile on her face. I thought about my grandma and how she was the one who bought me my first sewing machine. She sent it from Lousiana to New York for Christmas when I was living with my dad. My grandma... she passed away two years ago battling cancer. My grandma was my bestfriend and to see her like that messed my mind up. But I had to remain strong for her, I know that's what she would've wanted. And I know she would proud of me and all that I've accomplished. I miss her daily.

I returned my attention to Kehlani who was talking to her manager. Kehlani had an annoyed expression on her face throughout their brief conversation. She made her way over to me. "Hey Yara. So it turns out I have a meeting with the board to discuss tour fees today. I wanted to spend time with you today and catch up." she frowned. "Are you free for lunch tomorrow? My treat." she asked with a pleading face.

I nodded in understanding. "Yeah of course, I know your busy. And yeah I'm free for lunch tomorrow, just text me the details."

"Thank you for understanding. And thank you for coming all the way here and for the clothes. I love them!" she said hugging me

"Of course! And it was no problem I don't live far from here. And I'm glad you love them! I'll see you tomorrow Lani!" I said grabbing by purse and phone.

"Bye babe see you tomorrow. Ima text you the details later!" she said "Okay, bye babe!" I yelled back making my way out the door. I walked down the hallway. While walking passed that same door filled with smoke, I looked and saw that same girl who was in my face at the mall. She was sitting on the couch with a tattooed arm in her lap. I couldn't see who the tattoo arm belonged to because of the smoke. "Aye say, the food downstairs." someone said in the room. I didn't hear the rest as I made my way inside the elevator. 'Tf is she doing here?' I thought

Once I reached the lobby I was digging in my purse trying to find my car keys so I abruptly stopped walking causing someone to bump into me making my purse fall on the floor. "My bad that was my fault." I said not looking up. "You good ma." He said bending down picking up my purse handing it to me. When I looked up I froze. After all these years he still looked the same.

———————————————————————————

Oop! Yara sees Kay at Alantic Records. What is she doing there?

Yara sees the person she never expected to see. How will she react?

Should I continue this story? What y'all think? 😩

Don't forget to comment and vote!