Chapter 34

(This chapter will have a point of view from Karin. This is important in the story! Enjoy :)

Month of December...one week later.
________________________

                                    Karin's POV. 🤍

"So why'd you ask me here Karin? You said to leave you alone and that's what I'm trying to do." Ben said from across the table. In all honesty, I was hesitant of my next words. Being vulnerable is foreign to me, but I know that this needs to be said.

"I don't love him." I said. Ben looked up before there was longing silence, which I broke.

"I thought I did. But I think I longed to experience the feeling so much that I made myself believe that love was what was being exchanged between him and I. I hate affection and vulnerability so much that I push away any feelings that want to be sprung up. Feelings that I feel with you Ben..."

He sighed. "Karin, I-"

"No, let me finish. I thought that if I started something with you then that would be my way of self sabotaging the happiness that I felt with him. Which is why I was so adamant on pushing you away. But then I realized that he doesn't make me laugh like you do, or smile to the point my face starts to hurt. What I'm trying to say is that you're the one for me Ben. I'm falling for you, and that's the reason I keep wanting to fall back, but I'm not going to allow myself to do so. I'm going over his house today to break things off with him, whether you want to work towards us afterwards, is up to you." I finished.

There was silence before he smacked his lips and made his way around the table.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say that. I'm for you Karin. I was just upset that it took you this long to figure it out." He said as he leaned down and pressed his lips onto mine. The kiss was pure bliss, because now I didn't have that thought in the back of my head telling me to push him away. In fact, I wanted him closer. Which is why I grabbed his face making his lips press deeper into mine.

"So you all mine now?" He said as we pulled away.

"I'm yours. But you knew that." I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"What did you do today?" I asked as we started walking. It was around 7 pm, which meant I just got off of work an hour ago. My blue scrubs were still on my body because I never went home; I simply felt the need to talk to him first...be around him.

"Went to the studio with Yb and the gang, you heard his new song that just dropped?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, it's all over the gram. How is Kentrell taking the break up? Yara doesn't like to show it, but I know my bestfriend and she's going through it."

"He had started back on the lean about a month ago and just wasn't up for anything interactive. But lately he's been off of that shit and really just been planning his album release party. He's doing better. He was supposed to drop the album as soon as we got back from tour, but it got postponed because of how shit went down." He said.

"We need to get them in the same room together. They both aren't happy and I can't help but feel like shit didn't go down the way it portrayed. I won't lie, when I first found out from Yara, I did indeed bash him out of anger. But I now know that there has to be more to the story because that man loves her like no one else has." I said truthfully, I made a mental note to re-unite them somehow and soon.

"Say, he ain't explain the situation to Yara?" He abruptly stopped walking as I looked at him confused.

"Explain what?"