Chapter 11 "These Streets"

Yara POV.🦋

I sat in my car in the parking lot with my head resting on the seat. I couldn't stop smiling. I always had thoughts about how we would reunite, but this was unexpected. It's the fact that it's been so long, but we can still talk so comfortably with each other. And the fact that we both were able to let that hurt go says a lot. We really bring out the best qualities in one another.

I took out my phone typing in my dad's address in the GPS. Me and my dad have a really close relationship, it's just that we have disagreements on what's 'best for me'. My dad was a big drug dealer back in his day, so I guess you could say he's 'retired'. He still has a lot of street respect from the youngins who consider him an OG.

Gionni Davids was overprotective, a hardbody but a sucker for his lil princess, Yara. He just wanted better for Yara, so she wouldn't have to experience the street life he was once pulled in. So he kept her and her mother out of it, which later caused Yara's mom, Yasmine and Gionni to split up for their safety. Though, Yara could still see the epic love they shared for each other even when they argued. Yara never understood why they won't just get back together already, but she just minded her business.

Starting her car up, Yara pulled out the parking lot heading over her dad's house in Harlem, NY.

                                30 mins later...

Yara pulled up to the big house seeing all her dad's cars outside. She parked next to his Rolls Royce, making sure to be careful because she knew this was her dad's favorite car. She grabbed her purse walking to the front door using her own key that her dad gave her.

"Dad!" Yara yelled hearing footsteps coming from the hallway. Expecting to see her father, she saw her older brother Amir. She hadn't seen him in months since she lives in Atlanta and Amir lives here in New York.

Amir was her half brother, Yara and him had different moms but the same father. Amir was older by three years, making him 23. Before Yara was born, her dad was with Amir's mother and eventually had Amir. Amir's mother, Angela, suffered from post partum depression after giving birth to Amir and felt like being a mother just wasn't for her. One day she just up and left, leaving Amir with Gionni. Yara despised Angela, even if she's never met her. She hated how she chose to leave Amir and never looked back. When Yara's dad met Yara's mother Yasmine, Yasmine practically raised Amir as her own son and he considered her his mother. So Yara would never call Amir her 'half brother', he was her brother, period.

Amir^

Amir^

"Wassup lil sis." He said smiling

"Hey Mir." Yara said hugging her brother

"What you been up to? And where's dad?" Yara asked while walking into the kitchen with Amir following behind her.

"He's in the garage. And nun forreal, just getting to dis bread. It's hard cus I gotta earn my respect out here and not just off of dad's name, you know?" Amir said sitting down next to Yara on a barstool.