Chapter 22

______
New York
JFK Airport

                                    Yara POV. 🦋

Walking through the crowded airport, I finally spotted an empty bench that was unoccupied. I pushed my luggage on the side of me as I sat down on the empty bench.

"Hold on Karin, I got to make a phone call." I said as Karin sat down beside me.

"Yeah, a phone call to your boyfriend." She said as she smirked at me.

"Girl whatever. Go call Jayceon, because I know you've been missing him the whole plane ride." I said as she smacked her lips.

"Just for that, I will go call him, maybe even have a lil phone sex." She said as stuck her tongue out. I scrunched my face as she started laughing at me.

"Girl I'm just playing. Maybe. But gone and call your boo." She said while putting her phone up to her ear. She got up and walked away at a close enough distance to give me some privacy. I unzipped my Louis bag as I felt around for my phone. Finally grabbing it, I clicked on Kentrell's contact name and put the phone to my ear while hearing the phone ring.

"Ya'll made it there yet?" Kentrell answered as soon as the call connected.

"Damn, no 'good morning bae'. Not even a hello." I said while chuckling.

"My bad mamas, I just wanted to know if you landed there safely." he said as I smiled to myself.

"To answer your question, yes pooh, Karin and I just landed. I just wanted to call you like I said I would." I said as I looked at the time on my phone.

"I'm surprised you're even up this early. You're usually asleep until the afternoon." I said as he chuckled

"Fasho, but I wasn't tryna go to sleep. I didn't want to accidentally miss your call. Wanted to know you got there safely." Kentrell said as I smiled wider.

"Awww pooh, yes I landed safely bae. But, go and get some sleep. Don't you have a studio session today?" I asked

"Yeah, but I'm probably just gonna record in my home studio so I can get some more sleep." He said as I nodded.

"Okay well get your rest. Call me when you wake up." I said as he yawned on the other line.

"Aight mamas, you betta pick up when I call too." He said in his raspy sleepy voice. He has no right to be sounding this sexy.

"Okay bae, I will. Bye pooh." I said

"Bye bae." He said as we both hung up.

Karin and I just landed in New York for Mother's Day weekend. Karin flew down with me so that she could visit her own family while we're here in New York. It feels good to be home, because I was honestly getting a little home sick. I finally will be able to see my mom, which is rare, considering her busy work schedule. My mom in a criminal defense lawyer and she's the best in the game. She has a lot of clientele which comes with a astounding reputation in the practice of law. She's either in the office, or she's on vacation.

Don't get me wrong, she's a busy woman, but she always makes time for her kids. I wouldn't know where I would be without her guidance. She does so much for Amir and I, which is why it's only right that we both plan the best Mother's Day for her.

Feeling my phone repeatedly vibrating, I looked down at the screen seeing Amir calling me. He must already be outside.

"Hey Mir." I said while answering.

"Hey sis. Y'all ready cus I'm outside parked in the loop." He said as I grabbed my carry on bag and suitcase.

"Yeah we're ready. We'll be there in a couple minutes." I said