Chapter 27

Yara POV. 🦋

"You've never told me about your exes." Kentrell said. We were both cuddling on the couch and watching Narcos on Netflix. I'm not even feeling this show like that, but he loves it so it's fine with me.

"You've never asked." I replied while massaging his head.

"I remember you telling me the nigga ain't treat you well or respect your body." He said while looking up. I sighed. This conversation was bound to happen, and I didn't have a problem with that. It's just that I didn't want any reminders of my ex. The thought of him brings back a time in my life when I was very insecure about myself.

"His name is Brandon. We were together in high school when I first went to live with my dad. He was a popular athlete, well known around school and just a playboy in general. One day he'd say things that would make me feel good about myself and the next he would put me down. I was dumb and 'in love' back then and believed all the lies he would tell me. How he would go to the league and I would be right there with him." I said as Kentrell sat up, giving me his full attention.

"I thought I was in love with him, so eventually I let him take my virginity. He already knew I didn't feel comfortable with my body and he would use that to keep me under him. Just manipulative and arrogant. I finally started to realize my worth and broke up with him junior year. Best decision I could've made." I said while sighing. Thinking back on the whole relationship, I knew that I was manipulated and used emotionally and physically. It makes me mad that I let myself stoop so low. I think that is my problem. I'm always there for other people and they take advantage of that.

"Ma, that nigga a fucking lame. He fasho ain't know your worth. But say, I can promise you this. I ain't ever gonna gonna take advantage of your mind or body. Ima always respect you, physically and mentally. I'm never gonna give you false narratives. What me and you got ain't a facade or fabrication, this shit real. You don't gotta worry about none of that shit when it comes to me and you. I'd never salt you down." He said genuinely. A smile slowly started to spread on my face. Cute ass.

"You be so cute when you speak your mind." I said while smirking.

"Cute? Never that, a nigga fine ass hell." He said as I climbed over top of him and straddled his waist.

"Fasho, you right. You fine as hell." I smirked.

"Stay trying be like me slime." He said as I started laughing. I placed my head on his shoulder while rubbing his face.

"You ready for your tour?" I asked

"Fasho, It's gon be way better now that you coming with me. I'm telling you Chanel, there's no better felling than being on stage with thousands of people screaming your name. Shit feel amazing." He said as I started smiling. I loved hearing how excited he is about this tour. It's still crazy to me how we were just kids talking about our dreams and aspirations. Now, those same dreams and aspirations is now our reality.

"I'm excited too. I can't wait to see you in your element pooh. You gonna look beside you and Ima be right there with you. Probably gonna get tired of me." I laughed. He chuckled while rubbing down my legs.

"I'll never get tired of you, we stuck together. Shit, call me sleep paralysis." He said seriously as I started bust out laughing. He so stupid. We sat there in comfortable silence until he broke it.

"You think we was meant for each other. Like on some universal shit?" He said. I didn't need to time to come up with a response, I already had my answer.

"I do. I came into your life when you needed guidance and you came into mine when I needed someone to put me first. When my parents first got divorced, I felt like I didn't have a voice. No one ever asked me how I felt about the situation. No one asked me how I was feeling. No one took the time to listen, until I met you Kentrell. I think we both needed each other more than we think. So yes, I think we're made for each other." I said genuinely. He made eye contact with me and studied my face with a smile. His eyes were red from all the weed he's been smoking, making me chuckle.