Chapter 19

Valentine's Day Cookout
6:45 pm
___________

Yara POV. 🦋

"Allat big talk and the nigga still lost." Kentrell said as I held his $500. I laughed as I remembered how salty BabyJoe looked as he handed Kentrell the money. We were now walking back to the picnic tables to say our goodbyes. We had a dinner reservation to get to, which started at 8pm.

"Lost his money and his pride, cus he sure was quiet after he handed it to you." I said as we both started laughing. We walked over to where the gang was sitting.

"Aight y'all. We rey dip, I'll see y'all niggas when I see you." Kentrell said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Aight fool, stay up and call me when u get the chance." Ben said as him and Kentrell dapped each other up.

"Fasho. Bye y'all." Kentrell said to the rest of the gang who looked busy setting up fire works.

"Stay up Yb. Bye Yara." They said as I said bye back.

Kentrell and I started walking back to his car with our hands intact.

"That was fun. I thought I was gonna fall off the bike as soon as you hit the gas." I said as Kentrell started laughing.

"I knew I felt ya hands starting to slip. But I had you lil baby." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"I don't think I told you that you look good as fuck today." I said as I bit my lip while looking him up and down.

"I don't think I tell you that enough. Cus I want to just say fuck this dinner so we can do our own thing at my place." Kentrell said as he smirked. I laughed as I heard fireworks popping in the distance. I looked up at the sky seeing red and pink hearts as they appeared one after the other. I turned back around to face Kentrell as he grabbed my face and he connected our lips.

This kiss gave me chills as I felt my body heat rising. It felt like he was trying to tell me something in this kiss as it started getting heated. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he picked me up and walked us both to his car. I started laughing in the kiss because this grass was steep as hell. He was walking cautiously slow while still trying to kiss me.

We reached his car as he put me down on the ground while giving me a small kiss.

"I'll drive this time." I said as he shook his head.

"Nah you do-" he started to say before I cut him off.

"You look sleepy bae, take a quick nap before the dinner." I said as he started to smirk.

"Bae? So I'm bae now?" Kentrell said smirking at me.

"Smcht, you been bae." I said as I grabbed his keys and walked to the drivers side of the car getting in.

Once Kentrell was situated in the passenger seat, I started the car up and began driving to his house. My plan was for us to shower, take a quick nap and then head to the restaurant. Look at us acting like a couple, I thought as I chuckled to myself.

I started lowly playing "What's Love" by MajorNine in the car as I saw Kentrell was asleep with his head on the window. He looked so peaceful as he slept, I silently prayed that he could feel that same peace, only this time he'll be awake.

___________

Kentrell's house
7:30pm

Kentrell and I woke up from our nap about 20 minutes ago. Before we went to sleep, we already took showers so now we were both getting dressed for this dinner. I sent Karin a quick text to let her know that we were still on for tonight. Looking through my duffel bag, I saw a red body con dress with some nude heels. I got dressed in my outfit and started curling my hair and doing my makeup. I sprayed some perfume on and added some accessories, finally content with my look.