Chapter 14 "The Date"

Kentrell POV 🤎

"My nigga run me my money!" Yara said laughing as she was grabbing her tickets. She had won ONE round of our basketball game and now she think she the shit.

"Mane, you was cheating and you know it. Tryna distract me and shit by bending over while you was making that shot." I said as I shook my head

"It's not my fault you like what you see." Yara shrugged while smirking.

"Shit you right. But say I won't beat yo ass at this shooting game." I said as I looked over her shoulder at this shooting game.

She turned around and then turned back to me. "You about to get your ass whooped, that's all Ima say." She said as she started walking over to it.

"Oh say, shawty talk that big talk huh." I said smiling getting all in her face.

"Sure am, now let me show you that my actions align with my words." She said smirking while grabbing the gun and putting her ticket in the slot.

I put my ticket in and grabbed my gun. Yara acting like she don't know Ima shooter, she got another thing coming.

The game started to count down and then we were soon shooting at zombies on the screen. Yara was a little behind on points but she was catching up to me. I turned my attention back to my side of the screen and started re-loading and shooting back at the zombies. The screen had said 'game over', so I turned to Yara with a grin on my face.

"You did good Chanel... but-"

"AHT I WON! WHO FUCKING WIT ME?!" Yara yelled as she was staring at the screen. I turned back to the screen to see that she actually won. What? How? She was literally like 20 points behind me.

"Mane, all these games in here rigged cus there's no way." I said shaking my head

"Aw Ken mad, it's okay pooh." She said touching my nose while wrapping her arms around me. I wanted to be mad right now and she was making that harder. I couldn't hide my smile that was spreading on my face.

"You hungry?" I asked her

"Yeah, I'm starving, you ready to go?" She asked

"Yeah fasho, let's just turn in these tickets." I said grabbing her hand while walking to the ticket machine. It counted up our tickets and gave us a small piece of paper with the amount on it. We started walking to the front where the prizes were.

"Aye say, how much is this worth." Showing the man behind the counter my receipt.

He grabbed it looking over the number. "You have 6,012 tickets, so you have the choices of any of these candy choices, these headphones, giant stuffed animals or anything from this section." He said while showing me all the items. I nodded while looking over everything.

"Can you tell me what I'm able to get?" Yara asked while handing him her ticket. He kept looking and smiling at her, this nigga betta get to steppin.

"Yeah sweetheart, you can get the same items as him. You have a good amount of tickets." he said smiling at her. 'Sweetheart?' Mane I was about to spazz the fuck out on this nigga but I ain't wanna ruin me and Yara's night.

"Say." I said getting his attention. "Get me that big bear hanging up over there." I said while mugging him down. He saw my face and his smile left his face as he walked over to the giant stuffed animals.

"What color would you like sir?" He asked

I look down to Yara. "What color you want mamas?" I asked her as she grabbed my arm laying her head on it.