Patton x Anxious Reader: Game on

Hello, thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like it. this one is slightly more personal to me, and I'm a little nervous posting actually. I really hope you like it. please keep comment clean and Patton-friendly.

warnings: Roman being an overall a jerk, being called useless, tears. anxiety, implications of anxiety attack, feelings of worthlessness

You sat on the bench, staring at the field ahead, sun high in the sky on this gorgeous afternoon. your friends gathering, everyone but the one you wished to see most. Virgil and Janus walked up slowly, Remus doing cartwheels, and Roman and Logan walking moderately. all smiling and waving.

"where's Patton?" you asked, curious as to why the most adorable person wasn't in the group.

"he texted, he's getting some water bottles since Prince-y here forgot them." Virgil snarked as you snickered, smiling. this was the perfect day to play games, like you'd all agreed, Roman pulling a frisbee out of his tote bag with a smile.

"oh, ultimate frisbee!" Remus cheered, running to the field, Janus and Virgil close behind him, while Roman and Logan ran to the other side. you stayed on the bench, watching. it wasn't that you didn't enjoy playing, it was just so stressful, and you weren't great at it, fearing to let down your team. you hated letting people down.

"HEY! GET IN HERE!" Roman's screaming snapping you out of your thoughts, as you look up quickly, Roman already pretty close, holding a hand out towards you. when you didn't reach back Roman rolled his eyes, grabbing your hand and dragging you out to the field, Roman and Logan quickly making a plan you couldn't follow before running off, leaving you stressing there.

after you'd lost two different points before Roman frustratedly moved you to a field position, you unable to understand Logan, and hence being hit in the face with a fast frisbee a few times, leaving you with a leaking, bloody nose, and bruises to your jaw.

you were currently racing Remus for the frisbee, Remus shoving you out of the way before grabbing it, you trying to catch your breath, as Roman yelled at you to get up. the noise, the stress, screaming, yelling, pain. each thing getting louder and louder.

needless to say you weren't much help after that, and you, Roman and Logan lost by a lot. Roman being ticked after Remus taunted.

"this is all your stupid Fault! I knew you were useless on this team, less than useless, you cost us the game!" Roman screamed as you flinched a little, blood still on your face, as Roman's face turned almost red.

"if you could've just listened to the plan, we wouldn't be in this mess! seriously!" Roman screamed a bit more, as tears started streaming down your face. this is why you hated competition, hated playing games. 

you heard Logan and Virgil yelling at Roman for blaming you, but you were too busy running towards the parking lot, only stopping very quickly to grab your things from the bench. as your feet pounded against the pavement, you unable to see anything infront of you, as you ran, due to tears. which became a problem when you smashed right into someone, both of you falling over. 

"y/n, what happened." the sound of the one you loved so much now raining out, as the tears slipped out of your eyes, as you looked down, seeing the water bottles all around, 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." you cried, picking the water bottles up, but hands on top of your own stopping you. as a hand carefully lifted your chin, warm eyes staring at you filled with concern, as Pattons hand came to yoru face, wiping a bit of the blood off.

"what's going on, are you okay?" Patton asked, as you cried a bit more, pulling out of his light grip and running as fast as you could away from there. leaving Patton behind, not noticing the other approaching Patton, or Roman's guilty face. just running far as you could.

you soon found yourself behind the bathhouse, your back pressed against the wall, your knees tucked up, as you cried, hugging yourself. you hated games, you hated competition, it was too much, that was too much.

time seemed to go numb as you just cried, not hearing people calling out for you, especially Patton. having not heard Patton yelling at Roman once he found out the whole story, the way he ran off, calling your name, searching for you.

hours crept by like minutes, and in what felt like half an hour two hours had gone by. Patton rounding the bend and stop, staring at you, as his heart broke that much more, sitting down in front of you and taking your hand in his own. as you jumped, looking up into his eyes.

"I hate games..." you mumbled, as Patton's eyes softened even more, wrapping his arms around you, and resting your face into his shoulder, as you took some deep breaths, hugging him back. both of you just sitting there, holding each other close. the thoughts replaying in your head as you whimpered, digging your face into Patton's neck, almost not realizing what you were doing.

Patton just held you close, leaning down to lightly press his lips against your face and head, whispering soft words. as he lifted you easily in his arms, carrying you out, and whispering to you. 

he hushed the others when they all got loud, and quickly walked you to his car, leaning down and setting you in the seat as you continued to calm down, Patton staying there paciently, waiting for you with a soft smile.

"thanks." you mumbled, making eye contact, just now realizing how close Patton is, your eyes wide. Patton stared back, smiling softly, before he opened his mouth and answered an unexpected question.

"can I kiss you?" Patton asked softly, his eyes looking into your, comforting and soft, as you stared at him, before nodding, Patton smiling widely before gently kissing you. you kissing back, oh so happy.

"can I ask another question." Patton giggled softly, as you nodded, starstruck.

"would you go on a date with me." Patton asked, and you nodded again, patton smiling super wide.

"do you want ice cream?" Patton asked, as you smiled a bit, 

"that sounds lovely." you said softly, leaning in, while Patton connected his lips to your once again.

"not as lovely as you." Patton whispered, before getting in the car and both of you driving to the tiny café, enjoying sharing a sundae, and a lovely night of cuddles.

I know I've let out so many updates and plans, and that they just keep failing and failing again, so right now, I'm just going to write... no planning, no fancy updating schedules, at least til I'm doing a little better... I love you all, and thank you for all your patience throughout this whole mess that is me...

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like it.  I had a lot of fun writing it, and I really hope you like it. my requests are open, yet just going to take me a bit (I'm working on them, but it's a little slow going right now), as always the artwork isn't mine so please give credit to the amazing artist! please remember you are loved and special

Have a Fantastic Day

Ginger Bread~