Highschool AU: Virgil x reader x Janus : Dreams may just be nightmares, PT 2

Thank you so much for reading,  I'm pretty inspired about this one and I do have a bit of free time. just thank you again so much for reading my work and I really hope you are liking it. Please keep comments clean and Patton-Friendly

I'm really sorry if this is also half-baked, I am really inspired but nervous if it's good... if it is hard to understand please let me know and I'll edit it.

Please let me know if you want a part 3, as this one endings on a cliffhanger

Warnings: unsympathetic Janus, lying, cheating, manipulation, bullying, cyberbullying, drama, toxic/mildly verbally abusive relationship, potential gaslighting. being played, angst, cliffhanger. (I don't know if there is more, but if you see one please let me know and I'll add it)

you walked home, leaving Virgil crying on the park bench but being too caught up in this nightmare to realize. you soon reached your house, walking upstairs and wiping the tears from your eyes, you had an anniversary dinner date with Janus and you were going to enjoy it.

thought the more your thoughts traveled around, the worse and worse your felt, your mucles clenching, a soft pounding in your brain as an uneasy feeling grew in your stomach, Janus couldn't be saying that about you, could he?

soon enough you walked outside to see Janus waiting in his car, a smile as you hopped into the passenger side, Janus driving along after you put your seatbelt on. staring out the window you tried to keep the thoughts from your mind, but there are just some things you can't forget.

"Doll... what's going on? you haven't talked to me all night" Janus said after he parked the car, his eyes on you, while you bit your lip trying to figure out of you should tell him or not. you sigh and look up into his entrancing eyes. 

"Virgil lied to me, telling me you were playing me..." you mumbled and Janus' eyes widen before he clears his throat, scooting a little closer, setting his warm hand on you cheek as he stared at you, your heart beating fast.

"oh dear, he's lying, I wouldn't play you." Janus said, before kissing your lips quickly and hopping out of the car, taking your hand.

"I'll make sure Virgil leaves you alone," Janus asked and you bit your lip, concerned slightly for Virgil.

it was a lovely date, and you soon returned home, hopping into your pjs and trying to sleep, the guilt still eating away at you as you laid in bed, you closed your eyes, wishing to just fall into a deep numb sleep.

it was late when you woke up, your alarm failing to go off, as you scrambled around, throwing on some day clothes, grabbing your backpack and running out the door... only to run back inside to put on some shoes.

you made it to class just in time for lunch, rushing towards the cafeteria when the school nurse rushed quickly towards you.

"y/n, you shouldn't be in school when you aren't feeling well." she said, squinting at you, as you looked up at her confused.

"go home." the nurse said, escorting you to the doors and leading you outside before going back in. with a very confused and sleep deprived brain you began typing Janus quickly

y/n : Why did the nurse tell me I was sick

Janus: I did it so you wouldn't get in trouble, you should be thanking me, I'll be over later with your homework.

y/n : okay I guess, love you very much baby...

Janus: see you later

you sighed, stuffing the phone back in your pocket before trudging home, sitting on your bed, and thinking to yourself, your parents were at work and so you kinda had the house to yourself. but you were too guilty to do anything, not that you really had Virgil's number but you thought about texting him, telling him you didn't mean to the end the friendship, that he must be mistaken.