Fantasy/Magic Au: Winged Patton x reader

I'm super sad, but also its bittersweet. this is the last installment of the mini-series, and its sad to see it go, this was a total blast to write and I really loved the story and characters. as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly. so yeah. I really hope you like it, thank you so much for reading.

you ran for your life, hearing the pounding footsteps behind you, tears streaming down your face as you ran towards the outlands, trying to think of a plan, you knew there was no escape for you. King Roman had ordered you brought back to Crofters for questioning, . but you couldn't. you couldn't let that kind of horror out.

so you ran, the guard catching up with you as you let out a mournful frantic scream. it echoing off the cliffs, alerting every creature in the outlands behind ember forest to be aware of your distress. you ran, your feet hitting the soft sands as you ran farther diving into the cold water, knowing you couldn't breath underwater but you were desperate. you came up for air when you couldn't hold your breath any longer. 

"there they are!" you heard someone shout, and you let out another sorrowful weep, you knew you weren't a strong swimmer, being from the castle, maintainer of historical documents, didn't exactly give you much time for swimming lessons. 

you saw some guards dive into the water, and you called out for help. anybody. you looked up at the sky, knowing you would not see it again for a long time, being forced to tell the king what awful news you had found.

you screamed out one more time before being grabbed by the guards, you screamed and kicked as the dragged you underwater shortly, you came up coughing as they went to tie a gag around your mouth, you stared at the clouds, tears racing down your cheeks, and soon enough seemingly an angel dove from the sky, coming in at a fast pace.

as it got closer you realized it wasn't an angel, as it had wings that more resembled a hawk rather than a dove, so it was a hybrid. the hybrid screeched, at the guard who fastened your gag. before picking you up and flying, higher and higher into the sky, higher than any other creature had ever dared to go. you clung to the hybrid with all your might, lightly crying into his shoulder.

the hybrid soon flew into a cave, probably a mile or two in the sky, nearing the top of the cliffs. after he set you down gently. both of you far into the cave, he carefully untied the gag, as you let out another sob, holding onto him for dear life.

"why where those people chasing you?" the winged man asked, brushing a strand of your hair behind your ear, and lifting your chin with his fingers.

"I found out some things, about the history of Crofters, unpleasant truths that would get me beheaded." you said, looking up at him with teary eyes.

"I know Prince Roman, he wouldn't do that." the man tried to say, but you shook your head, tears building again. you sobbed softly into his shoulder.

"I'm Patton, Prince Patton actually, well, I used to be a least." Patton said, as you soon up quickly, bowing.

"oh no need for that." Patton said with a light tone, pulling you down so that you were curled up against his chest. he had a soothing cinnamon and vanilla scent to him which helped calm your crying, but you still stayed with Patton

"I don't know what I can do, I'm scared Patton." you said and Patton let out soft, comforting words, trying to sooth you.

"its alright... you'll be okay." he said, before you nodded, your stomach growling angrily, your cheeks flushed in embarrassment as you met Patton's eyes, he merely giggled before picking you up and walking to a table, there was a plate of cookies on it, which Patton insisted you take. 

Patton made dinner and the two of you started eating.

"this is the first time I've had guests in two years, the other winged creatures... aren't really nice, well... except a fairy named Emile, but he says he has jobs in Ember forest to do so we only have tea once a week." Patton rambled before looking at you, a blush growing on his face.

you ate, too hungry to try and be polite. only when you finished the plate did you look up and see Patton smiling at you, your cheeks turning the color of a ripe apple as you looked down at the table. he laughed, that sound making you blush deeper.

"do you want some more, I always make too much anyway." Patton said, taking your plate and piling some more food onto it." you smiled, eating the food, and then having a second cookie after that. Patton just smiled.

soon enough Patton flew you back down, brining you to Logan, who you told the historical facts to, it was actually nice to see him as you had both been in the same historical artifacts class back at the academy. Logan nodded taking note .

"I shall double check your work, although I believe you to be correct." Logan said and you nodded, you were relived that Logan didn't care much for the kingdom of Crofters so he didn't overreact to the news. you continued talking with Logan, about soulmates and such before Patton slowly wrapped his arms and wings around your waist, making you smile and blush deeply.

well eventually you and Patton got married, Emile the fairy was your best man, and Logan handed all the legal stuff. he smiled, after muttering about handling a lot of weddings recently and you and Patton just giggled.

that brings you to now, you were on a soft couch, with Patton flying inside, a big smile on his face.

"Hello, honey." Patton said, as you walked over, kissing him and hugging him, taking in every moment to be around him and treasuring it. Patton hugged back his wings creating almost a feathery bubble around the both of you.

"I love you." he whispered, lips blushing against yours, you smiled.

"I love you too." 

thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked it. again I'm super sad that this mini-series is coming to an end. but it was a lot of fun to write. I am now searching for another AU series to write, just because this one was so fun.

I have the following that I have idea's for:

Pirates AU (either dark side crew, light side crew, or a mix of the two, I don't know yet)

Highschool AU

Coffee shop AU

Royals AU

Marriage/Parents AU.

so please let me know what you think! I am definitely still taking requests, and I will be taking requests for the magic/fantasy au as well as other au's, it just won't be connected like these ones are. thank you again for reading this mini-series and I really hoped you liked it, please let me know if you would be interested if I somehow continued it in the future at some point. as always I don't own the art so please give credit to the amazing artist. please remember you are loved and special

have a fantastic day!

Peaceful Lavender