Virgil x Reader: Trees

Hello! thank you for reading and I really really hope you like it! it was really nice to write some more fluff stuff. I promise I'm still working on the preferences, they are just taking a while to finish... as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly

requested by @Snowwywolfie so thank you!

You smiled with glee as soon as Patton brought up the idea. it was apparently a Sanders tradition to go out and look at the decorated trees, walking the park, with the lights reflecting off the dark glossy water. with the soft scent of hot chocolate from a small café nestled right in the middle of everything. it sounded absolutely magical.

it seemed like a pretty big deal to the Sanders as Logan started rattling off world records for the most lights at once, and while Roman was working on some gold and red make up for the occasion.

Patton was working out the details with Logan as you walked into the living room, where Roman was, Janus also standing there, a small crystal embrodered ribbon around his hat, Remus with a very sharp icicle covered in... red... you scanned around for the missing one, the one to hold your affections, your crush: Virgil.

you never thought he'd be your type, but one look with that smirk and you were done for. his jokes, the little way he wrinkles his nose when he laughs, the way he tries to cover the light freckles dusting his nose, everything about him made your heart soar.

you were so busy daydreaming you didn't noticed he'd made his way downstairs, with nothing more than an extra scaft for the occasion. he was arguing with Roman about "not being dressed up enough for this glorious occasion."

you just giggled at the two of them arguing, and Virgil's eyes quickly flickered over to you, making a huge blush appear on your cheeks as Janus snickered, and you "playfully" punched his arm.

Patton skipped in, holding Logan's hand tightly. Patton had a huge smile as he announced Logan agreed eating out after this outing. Roman and Remus cheered while Virgil rolled his eyes and Janus just sighed, standing up.

Patton was in charge of seating arrangements and started off, he and Logan would be in the front, then Roman Remus and Janus in the middle, (Janus in-between the two chaotic monkeys of course), then you and Virgil in the back. Patton totally ships you and knows about your crush on his "child"

Virgil sighed, hating being put in the back and grumbling as he crawled back there. you crawled in after him, basically buzzing with excitement. and the rest of them piled in, Patton starting up some music

you turned to Virgil, your face pink because of being so close by him, and just the overall excitement of it all. taking a deep breath you decided to speak.

"its really exciting, going the park?" you said, glancing at your beloved Emo... but he merely shrugged.

"we do it year after year, it get boring, and its not even that special either, so naw... not really excited." Virgil said, half interested as he plugged his earbuds into his phone and listened to some music. your heart dropped, the excitement and smile draining from your face, as a knot formed in your stomach... of course he wouldn't be excited, its stupid. you were stupid...

you stared out the window battling tears, and the lump in your throat... why couldn't you keep your mouth closed, you just had to speak and embarrass yourself in front of the only person that mattered. embarrassment burned at your cheeks but you just kept your eyes glued at the lake far in the distance, soft lights reflecting off of it.

Virgil noticed the light beside him dimming, the way your smile faded, the way your eyes filled with embarrassment, the soft way you tensed. even if he didn't say anything he sure noticed. he bit his lip nervously, something must have caused your sudden change in mood.