Roman x Reader: Hero (slight A/n at the end... sorry)

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like it! this one is a little shorter but I seriously really love it! I really hope you like it too. as always please keep comments clean and Patton friendly!

Warnings: Roman done got beat up. Dragon witch, Dragon witch got stab-ity stabbed, apathetic Jerks, blood, bruises, and implied sprain.

Roman wiped the blood dripping from his nose to his sleeve without a second thought, his gaze sharpening on the dragon witch as he went running, swinging his sword against the attacks, before being bashed into the tree, toppling to the ground.

every muscle and joint screaming in pain but Roman only let out a huff, running again, swinging his sword as he drove it into the witches arm. her screech as she kicked Roman's stomach, sending him flying, as she flew away, to care for her own wounds.

with a heavy sigh and pained grunt Roman picked himself up, limping towards the village he just saved, sweaty, and exhausted, as he walked. making it to the village. his eyes looking to see if anyone was there to welcome or thank him. there was no one. 

all the villagers ignored him, as he stood there, his legs shaking a little, having spent a good 8 hours in battle, for them, and they don't even care. Roman tried not to let it get to him as he painfully got on his horse, riding towards the portal, and hopping through.

Roman gasped in pain, wrapping his hands over his stomach, and wincing... the witch was more powerful today than she had ever been. he couldn't stop thinking about it as he walked softly to the vanity... washing his hair in the sink, as a soft knock rung out behind the door.

"come in." Roman said, attempting to make his voice sound princely but just trying not to sound like he was dying or anything. the door opening softly, as you poked your head in eyes wide. glancing over and spotting Roman, the blood still dripping down his face. 

"y/n?" Roman gasped loudly, as you scrambled inside, running over to your prince, as you quickly wet a washcloth, applying slight pressure to his bleeding nose. your eyes wide as you glanced at his eyes.

"dragon witch?" you asked, brushing the bangs out of his face a bit, taking a look at the forming bruises. he just nodded, well, he tried to. it was difficult with you holding his nose like that, and he winced at the pain. 

"she was tough today..." Roman said softly, not wanting to mention the villagers apathy at being saved, Roman beat up so hard and completely ignored, as you took a look at his hands, and brushed a hand through his hair, finding the bump on the back of his head. Him wincing softly against your touch.

"I'm gonna go grab an ice pack, why don't you go get into something comfy?" you said softly, wiping his nose a bit and placing a soft kiss on his lips, running out. as Roman grunting a little in pain, pulling on of his thousands of disney t-shirts out and putting it on, staring at himself in the mirror, as he fluffed his hair a little, a dark purple splotch on his jaw, as you knocked softly.

"sit down, Love, and let me take care of you." you said softly, taking his hands softly in your own as you motioned him to sit, you now pressing the icepack to his face. and rubbing your hands over his shoulders to check for anymore bruising.

"you know... you're so brave, going out all the time and saving all those lives, they probably would be lost without such a brave, strong, handsome, really funny, incredible prince like you." you said, as you put a bandaid on a few scratches, checking around for any more injuries, helping him unlatch his boots.

"I don't know about all that ..." Roman said, blushing as you giggled softly, fluffing his hair a bit, moving the icepack to the bump on the back of his head. as he moved to stare up at you, you smiling at him.

"well I do... now... I've got a disney movie all ready to go, and I'll go get the popcorn, I'll be right back,  my brave one." you mumbled, pecking his forehead softly. as soon as you were out of sight Roman limped to the bed, curling up at little as you ran back in, popcorn and lemonade all set, as you pressed play, climbing up and snuggling close.

as the opening credits played, Roman felt your nuzzling softly into his neck, your hand holding his own as you just sat there, staring at TV, how Roman deserved this, he didn't know, but you did. he was just being his wonderful self.

"darling... thank you for being so brave all the time." you mumbled, squeezing his hand gently as you very lightly kisses his bruise before nuzzling a little closer, Roman's are wrapping around you as you giggled, munching a little popcorn.

"Roman... you are such a hero... you are my hero." you said softly, before turning your attention back to the movie, unknowingly making it all worth it for Roman, even if nobody else cared, if nobody else thought he'd be worth caring around, even if nobody else ever noticed, you did. and you called him your hero. and that made everything worth it.

Okay... moving onto the a/n... (hopefully the last one for a while)

I don't want to spam anybody or anything, but... I started a new sanders sides x reader book, one i've really wanted to write for quite a while but have been nervous about... so... yeah... you can check it out if you want to, it's a Yandere Sanders sides x reader... if you don't that's totally cool too!

okay, I know I like seriously just had an a/n, and I'm super sorry... I... feel like I miscommunicated in that one, and I feel really bad if I concerned or scared anybody... I'm okay, and I'll be okay... life has just taken me on a ride and that's why my updating slowed down, things are beginning to calm down a little more now so that's good. which also means that I'll probably get back to updating, assuming my mental health, schedule, and computer (temperamental little thing) permit. I'm really sorry if I scared anybody. and I am now currently working on some requests. so hopefully I'll get caught up, I apologize to anyone that left one, I'm working on it and I know the wait has been quite a while, but it is coming! 

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you liked it! I got inspired for this one and honestly thought it was just an adorable idea. I really hope you liked it as well. I guess that's mostly it. as always the artwork isn't mine so please give credit to the amazing artist. Please don't hesitate to leave requests. Please remember you are loved and special!

Have a Fantastic Day!

Ginger Bread~