Preference #23: The Aftermath (Part 1)

Hello! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you like it! this one is a little bit confusing, as it involves two different story plots, as you'll see. half are good endings half are bad but don't worry, there will be a part two for the bad endings! as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly

I don't know if this needs warnings but I'm going to put them in, just so that nobody gets triggered:

Warnings: mentions of money troubles growing up, depression, isolating, the silent treatment, lots of crying, neglecting one's self care, mentions of nightmares, blood, broken glass, mentions of C-sections

Logan:

Logan got more and more time at work, scared to be home. and you spent more and more time alone. you didn't regret asking Logan to take time off but right now you just wished you were there, cuddled in his arms, while he read to you.

it got very lonely, and you couldn't even look forward to the lunch time text you usually got, as Logan stopped sending them. he kept working and working, coming home and laying down without ever saying goodnight, or cuddling in anyway. He'd sleep facing away from you which broke your heart even more.

you loved Logan, and Logan loved you. Logan hated the fact that you fought, but he couldn't stop wondering what would happen if he didn't make the money now, you could never be able to tell when you would be in financial trouble, and Logan never wanted to burden you with that

Logan stopped sending lunch time texts because he just felt so guilty, he loved you but then again, he was never good at love. he hated that he'd hurt you but he wasn't sure what to do. all of his coworkers were concerned but Logan insisted he was fine.

of course there were times he wasn't. times where he'd go and cry in the bathrooms, wishing you were there to listen, wishing you were there to comfort, hoping you would understand that this was all for you. but you were at home.

he'd come home and you didn't talk to him so he just went to sleep, guilt eating away at his heart... figurately, he couldn't even face you without getting a lump in his throat that would lead to tears, so he just... faced away from you. you both were hurting, but neither realized how much.

Patton:

No matter how many times you said sorry to Patton he wouldn't talk to you. you were crying most of the time alone in the bathroom, wondering how on earth you were supposed to make it up to Patton, it was absolutely horrible what happened and you just wanted to hold him and apologize, but he wouldn't accept it, or so you thought.

Patton was actually downstairs while you pondered this, cooking for you, like always, wondering how he could be so dumb. why didn't he see he was pushing you too much, of course you snapped under that kind of pressure. he couldn't stop kicking himself for it.

Patton placed the food on your nightstand and knocked on the bathroom door, where he knew you were, you responded and he left it at that, both of you now understanding that meant he brought food.

Patton walked downstairs and finished the last of his things, canceling each and everything he'd asked you to do. he wanted to desperately to apologize but he was scared. he never wanted to pressure you again, and he was too scared he'd say the wrong thing, so he just... didn't talk to you.

weeks went by and it was like two strangers living in the same house. you began crying less and less and Patton's heart broke each and every time he saw you. you'd been having pain in your stomach but you couldn't tell Patton, just yet. all you wanted to do was have him speak to you, just once.