Preference#24: having the baby/the aftermath pt 2

Hello, Thank you for reading and I really really hope you like it! this took me many many hours to write, whether creative block or just a very long preference I'm not sure... anyway, I really really hope you like it, as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

I'm gonna add some warnings, just so nobody gets triggered

Warnings: childbirth, C-sections, intense pain, descriptions of pain, mentions of IV, water breaking, mentions/implications of depression, anxiety,  angst (but I promise it ends in fluff), passing out, contractions, mentions of work and money problems, Very Angry Virgil, implied shirtless Janus. 

Logan:

it had been 4 weeks since you and Logan argued, and you knew he had been avoiding you. you still felt awful about it, but soon decided to go over to Patton's house so you didn't feel so alone and isolated

today you drove over to Patton's house, the pain in your stomach pretty bad, but not quite as bad as yesterday. Patton greeted you and the two of you walked inside and to the couch. Patton was currently dating someone and they were perfectly alright with having you hangout while they were at work.

Patton made lunch but you found you were nauseous and in too much pain to eat or keep anything down for longer than 30 minutes. the pain continued to get worse and worse. you called Patton over gasping in pain, and Patton panicked.

"Logan!" Patton called, pulling out the phone and calling despite your half hearted, breathless objections. Logan didn't answer and Patton began stressing. the pain was almost unbearable and you couldn't do anything but cry and try not to scream.

Patton made a decision and quickly helped you to the car, rushing you towards the hospital. you stood up and walked into the lobby with Patton, they nurses helped you find a room and the doctor soon came in, looking at you with pity.

"How are you?" the doctor asked, checking to see if you were ready.

"I've been better, ya know?" you gasped. clutching into the bedrest, waiting for Patton to get back, as he'd gone to find some things that you'd asked for at your house, that was a very long time ago, and at the moment your mind continued to wander.

the pain in your stomach grew worse and worse, so bad you didn't notice Logan walking into the room, his eyes filled with tears seeing you in such a state. you, all alone, in insane amounts of pain, and he was at work.

he walked in silently, sitting next to you, you smiled, so happy to see a familiar face among the storms of unfamiliarity. Logan started at you, holding your hand as tears leaked into his eyes. you looked up at his face, wiping a few tears away.

"you were right." he said, looking down at you with tears still in his eyes, still upset at the fact he wasn't answering your calls and the hospital itself had to call him to get him to answer. He meant to answer them, he just... couldn't. not with the guilt.

"its okay, we both just wanted what we thought was best." you said, rubbing his hand, he gave a small smile, lifting your hand and kissing it gently. 

after many more hours Athena was born and you and Logan were both the proud, and now on good terms, parents of the precious life in front of you.

Patton: 

you couldn't get out of the bed as your stomach hurt, worse and worse, unmistakable pain. you softly cried, trying not to scream out, as you quietly whimpered at the pain. you clutched onto the bedsheets, as time seemed to fade and all you could focus on was breathing.