Preference #17: You don't wake up (Angst Ending)

oh my goodness gracious uncooked ramen noodles, this one hurt a lot to write, I would recommend bringing your sneeze paper along, and I'm going to go read the fluff ending again after this... I really hope you like it! you can play the song up top if you want, while reading, I'm not sure, completely up to you! as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

here are the warnings, just so nobody gets triggered.

warnings: Death, depression and isolation, intense grief, mention of trembling, and needles, as well as infections. lots and lots of tears. hardcore angst.

Logan:  

Logan walked into the hospital, as usual, with his book. Logan read aloud to you often, hoping you'd be listening, that his voice might be some sort of comfort to your form, even if he knew scientifically it was unlikely

he walked in to see the doctor poking you with needles a panicked look on their face. Logan raced up, asking what was wrong. and the doctor turned, looking at Logan with concerned eyes.

"it seems their brain is giving up function, its... not even really keeping them alive." the doctor said, hoping the meds would work, but like everything in angst endings, nothing helped. Logan nodded, tears streaming down his face as he held your hand, knowing you would never hold it back.

he needed some time to process this, as he had known this was always a likely possibility. he called Virgil and Patton to come over, and to bring his mini-safe. he finished the call right before tears flooded down his face. his fingers traced over your cheeks, knowing he'd never see the smile that always lit up his world

knowing that you were gone, at least in your brain. Virgil came in and so did Patton, Logan looking up at them, he let out a giant sob as Patton hugged him. why did you have to go hiking, he should have known you'd be allergic to the antivenom. despite everything was out of his control Logan blamed himself, Logan would always blame himself.

he opened your will, which he had insisted you both write, just incase and he found something that broke his heart, there was a letter for him, and the final instructions. they instructed you were not to be on life support, and the letter about how much you adored him.

Patton:

it would be ignorant to say Patton didn't know you were slowly leaving, he saw the way your heartrate got weaker and weaker every day. he was with you all the time, begging you to wake up, to just look at him once more.

he was with you in your last minutes, crying, but kissing your lips, for the last time, wishing you peace as you left. Patton was never the same after, he gave a heartwarming speech about you at your funeral, before throwing himself into volunteering and community service work.

he ignored pretty much all the sides, as he arrived home at night, and cried himself to sleep. Patton was becoming a shell of who he used to be, he couldn't bear with the grief of loosing you, if only he had been there one minute earlier this wouldn't have happened, you'd be snuggled in his arms, but he wasn't.

Patton sadly grew old, as time does. but he never healed, he couldn't bring himself to read your journals, or go to your grave. and as time passed, he watched the sides raise their families, pretending to be happy, but envying their lives. thinking of the life you wished to have with him.

Patton continued to grow old until he too join you right beside you, the graves telling about your lovers, and how lovers must reunite. you can bet that all his nieces and nephews visited his grave often, and the rest of the sides spread his story, how he lived with you, and how when you died, Patton died inside as well.