Roman x Reader: Green

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like this. I heard this song and it made me think of this scenario instantly, needless to say, I'm extremely inspired about this one, and I really hope you like it! as always please keep comments clean and Patton friendly

Warnings: Sad boi Roman, angst

this oneshot was based off of the following song, you can listen to it if you want, but like, I'm not gonna tell you to do anything, so... yeah! either way is totally cool...

Roman sat on his bed, wiping the tears that still streamed down his face. it had been one full year, a year of wilting, eroding, just... falling apart. you were happier, that's all he wants, but... it hurts. seeing you with him.

He'd lost you, He'd lost it, and in return he lost you. if maybe he'd have been better, maybe if he hadn't been so... stupid. Roman winced at the memory again. He'd let you go, he'd screamed he wanted you gone, He... never meant it

another knock sounded on his door as he wiped his tears, Patton entering the room with a sad smile, Roman attempting to smile back, He... he wanted you back. He'd lost you, and He could never take that back.

Patton watching sadly as princey washed his face of tears, faking a smile and trying to hide it all. both him and Patton walking down the stairs, Roman's breath hitching slightly at the sight of you, laughing, beaming, in one of Remus hoodies are you cuddled into his chest.

You looked so good in green, Remus hoodie around you, bigger than you were, but still... adorable, your smile as Remus left little kisses along your jaw, the way Remus cuddled, the way you... giggled at his jokes and everything.

Roman sitting there as he just listened to it all, you wiping cake frosting off of Remus nose, while Remus tried to kiss it off your face, the laughing, how Remus treated you, every little thing adding daggers to Roman's soul.

It was the one year anniversary of when Roman broke up with you, but it was also the one year anniversary of when you and Remus, started dating. Roman didn't say a word about the break up as he planned the party, finding you green roses to decorate the place with, bringing a vase to your room, trying to ignore the photos of you and Remus decorating your walls.

the regret pouring like buckets over him as he stumbled back to his room, sobbing softly. He was so dumb, the memory of the breakup haunting his mind. you were baking, he was... angry. your anniversary and you had forgot. the venom that slipped out that night, much like your tears as you ran. the way Roman had gone after you, regretting everything...

he was too dumb, it's too late to change what happened, to late too move on, He still loved you, but... it didn't matter, as he walk around, seeing little reminders of you in every precious thing, hearing you and Remus talking and laughing in the hallways as he tried to stop his crying. the pride and sadness he felt, hearing you gush about passing tests and overcoming trials. 

you looked so good in green, right at Remus side, as Remus danced with you, you laughing and snuggling close. you looked... so happy with him. Remus holding you softly and lifting you within his arms, as Roman's heart broke a little more.

"I'm fine, Patton... I'm over them. I'm... I'm happy." Roman spoke softly, as he met Patton's eyes, both of them knowing he was lying as he hugged himself, in his white t-shirt, his red one still with you, tucked in your closet, forgotten. He didn't have the heart to ask for if back, maybe a glimmer of a hope you'd find it and remember him. the way you haunted his mind constantly.

"they look so good in green." Roman said, crying as he hugged himself, letting himself cry as Patton rubbed his shoulder softly, the concerned gaze drilling into him as Roman gasped for breath.

the grief increasing ever minute as Roman watched, Roman watching you and Remus grow closer, get married, have a wonderful life together. he small smile he forced out as you hugged him at your wedding, thanking him for being a friend, Remus thanking him too.  and Roman smiling, on the outside at least.

he missed your perfect smile, the way you used to laugh and cuddle in his arms, all the fun dates, and meaningful moments, Roman missed... you. but you were happy. you were so happy with Remus, away from him, and... your happiness is all he wants. 

Thanks for reading, and I really hope you like it! I'm sorry it's super short and most likely half baked, but I really liked this one! I really hope you do too, I will probably be writing a little more during this weekend but idk! as always the artwork isn't mine, so please give credit to the amazing artist, and give credit to Cavetown for the great song! Please don't hesitate to request! Please remember you are loved and special!

Have a Fantastic Day!

Ginger Bread~