Roman x Reader: The truth

Hello, So... I haven't posted anything as much as I've wanted to, I've been working through some stuff and just... sometimes my mind can't focus on writing, despite how many idea's I have. I am currently getting reinspired and so more updates might be happening. this one was kinda a small vent piece, but I hope it's good, as always please keep thing clean and Patton friendly

I'd love to know if you are interested in any vent pieces? I've written a few yet am hesitant to post them for nervousness that they'll just be spam, and I'd love to hear what you think

Warning: Angst, crying, lying, repression? (I can't really think of much, but if you see something please let me know and I will add it)

everyone has that one pain, the one that can feel too hard to think about, and too scary to share

this is a story dedicated to that

you can't have a true love if the relationship isn't built on truth. those words haunting your mind every moment, every hour that seems to creep past, every grand greeting that Roman displayed, his huge smile when you fluff his hair, resembling a puppy as he stared at you with the soft loving gaze.

but haunting don't just go away, as the joy seemed to fade away into the inky darkness at night, the only things grounding you during cold nights were Roman's tired mumblings as he was deep in the magnificent dreams he had, and told you about every morning. the way you smiled and lied to his face telling him 'dreams' you had as well

the never ending burden of knowing that you couldn't be honest as he smiled, pouring his heart out at you, as you merely smiled. through everything, Roman's giggles keeping you throughout it all.

the concerned looks from Janus as he grew more accustom to being around all the time, those little glances he gave you, when you just sat there, thinking, trying not to let all of the thoughts in your head keep you there, but move towards a better future.

everything happened so fast after that, and you and Roman grew more serious, long night talks and confessions, your sweet assurances that you'd love him no matter what he did, and that it's okay to not be perfect, but not accepting he'd do the same, the fear keeping you from being happy, and he noticed.

"Roman... we need to talk" you spoke softly, looking guiltily into your princes eyes, his concerned expression at the tear streams already staining your face, as he nodded, softly, taking your hands softly in his own as he walked you to the soft love seat he had in his room, snapping as the room soundproofed itself.

and you opened your mouth, the truth flooding out between deep breaths and pauses, tears welling and streaming, the burden, on your tongue as you stuttered on the words, wanting to bite them back like so many times before, but you let it out.

you didn't miss Roman's soft and sharp intakes of breath at some of the things you said, his eyes moving from the couch to the floor, his breathing growing slightly unsteady as you stared at the wall, speaking... and speaking truth.

"Roman... I... I don't wanna burden you with any of this, but... you deserve to know, and... we can't have true love if it isn't built on truth and... I'm so so sorry my love." you spoke, looking up to take in Roman, braced for his glare, but surprised by how he was at that current moment.

Roman was staring at the floor as a silence feel upon the room, thick, suffocating, his hands folded, his chin resting on them as you began fidgeting, so many thought and scenarios racing all around, hurting you to even think about

your thought seemed to rush in a tidal wave, nothing to hold onto as it loomed over you, loud, angry, destructive. you hardly even noticed Roman had moved, his hand interlacing yours as he used his other hand.

"none of... that changes how much I love you, or us... unless you want it to." Roman spoke softly, running his thumb over your cheek bone, dragging tears with it, prompting you to meet his eyes, as he lifted your chin just slightly, so he could gaze into them

his eyes showing deep sorrow, as tears spilled down his own cheeks but... also love, so much love spilling down as well as his hand let go for yours and gently pulled you closer, you clasping onto him and hugging him, letting out a sob of relief... he didn't... he... you could hardly think anymore as Roman just pulled you onto his lap.

"I... am proud of you... you are... incredible, so strong and... I'm... proud of you my darling," Roman whispered gently in your ear as he rubbed your back swaying you softly as you moved your face to rest against his chest, taking a deep breath.

"Roman... are you mad at me for not telling you?" you whispered, as his breath hitched just slightly, his hug on you squeezing a bit tighter as he looked at you again.

"no... I'm not... you needed to do it in your time, and I... I won't push you, you already are so much, and... I'm glad you trust me enough, and..." Roman said, slipping his hand to hold yours once again.

"it's in the past, and... the future is what we look to, and the present is what we enjoy, it doesn't define you, not to me" Roman whispered, resting his forehead against your own as more tears streamed down both your cheeks, but not tears of pure sadness, sure there were sadness, but also joy.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you liked it. I apologize for the current content being primarily Roman or Janus (they be my comfort characters) and I've found it more comforting to write about them as of late. I promise I will try to get back to my normal posting when I feel up to it. I apologize for the updates being random, I am currently working through a lot, but I'm sure it'll be okay again  at some time. as always the artwork isn't mine so please give credit to the amazing artist, Requests are open, but currently on hiatus, I'll add them to the list, but I'm gonna focus a bit more some comfort stuff, but they are still open, so please leave them if you want, Please remember you are loved and special!

Have a Fantastic Day

Ginger Bread~