Virgil x reader: Midnight tears

you felt so alone. absolutely alone as you looked at the screen of your phone. the last message you would ever send to that friend, taking it all in. all the manipulation, all the pain, all the lies, everything stung. here you were, at midnight, crying softly as you blocked their number. some sobs escaped your lips as you stood up off your bed, and leaned against the wall. the wall was cool and you thought it would help. it didn't

you just sunk down onto the floor, sobbing harder and harder. its an awful thing when someone you trust so dearly messes with you, tells you all these things. you tell yourself its fine, its not. its not okay. 

so here you were, finally cut ties with that person, as the emotions washed over you in painful, torturous waves, taking place on in your eyes as the salty liquid wouldn't stop flowing. you didn't notice anything over it. you didn't notice Virgil's knocking, his voice, which was now anxious, worried sick about you, and the fact you weren't anwering. how much louder and louder he was getting until the door opened and Virgil ran inside and spotted you.

you didn't even notice Virgil beside you until his arms wrapped around you gently. 

"its okay... you're okay, I'm here." Virgil said, pecking your forehead, as you latched your arms around him, burying your head into his shoulder. 

"I-I... I finally did it. its over between me and... them." you said, not even ready to say their name. you looked up and Virgil wiped some of the tears from your cheeks.

"its okay, baby" Virgil said, hugging you tighter. you nuzzled further into his shoulder

"yeah, it is... now that you're here with me" you said, and you felt Virgil smile, a rare thing. 

"its late for you, and I know you should be sleeping. those pretty eyes of yours need a break from all the work they've had." Virgil said, you giggled at the compliment, as Virgil easily picked you up and laid you in bed, sitting right next to your face. 

"I'm always here for you, I love you sunshine." Virgil said, kissing your forehead against before playing with your hair. you smiled, because you had your dark knight beside you to protect you from the midnight tears.

Hi, thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed. please remember you are loved and special. again, I don't own the fanart, so please give credit to the amazing artist!

have a fantastic day!

Peaceful Lavender