Highschool AU: Virgil x Reader x Janus: Dreams may just be nightmares

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you like it! I had this idea, but it took my seriously forever to write, so this is just part 1, please please please let me know if you want a part  2! as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

I'm super sorry if this is half-baked and doesn't make any sense, please just comment, and I'll work on editing it when I have some time.

warnings: cyber-bullying type stuff, Anger, jealousy, drama, toxic and potentially mildly abusive relationship, being played, cheating. (that's all I can think of but please let me know if you find anything

you ran, the cool wind whipping around your face as your feet landed heavily, ignoring the loud footsteps behind you as tears streamed down your cheeks, this was never what you'd ever dreamed what would happen, but I guess it's not often one daydreams about betrayal.

this whole picture reminded of something, you dreamed would happen. a dream, funny word, as they often lead to heartbreak rather than fame, or love. they leave you crumpled on the ground, cold tile beneath your feet as you listen, your heart aching, the feeling your throat would burst from the lump that had formed there.

you remember that dream, that sweet daydream. the warm breeze would past, fluffing your hair, you'd turn when someone gently grabbed your arm, turning you around. and there he would stand. the jacket lightly falling of his shoulder, his multicolored eyes would hypnotize your own, as his chestnut brown hair fluttered over his eyes. and he'd open his mouth to say-

"Hi!" the cheery chirp of your favorite 1st grader rung out, as you felt a hug attack on your leg, the little brown-haired boy smiling up at you with big chocolate eyes and a tooth missing. as he bounced around a little.

"what's going on today, little monkey?" you asked, kneeling down to look him in the eye as he continued to beam.

"I have a fingerpainting project today!" Emile shouted, jumping up and down a little, his eyes still bright and twinkling.

"that's so cool! you'll have to show me after!" you said with a huge smile, as Emile smiled back. you saw his older brother now running up, the tall emo that seemed completely opposite to Emile, yet similar too, they had the same button nose and freckles, the emo a bit paler but nobody really cared.

"hey, you've got to get to school." Virgil said, out of breath. as he shifted his gaze to you, then Emile, who was hugging you tightly. Emilie hugged you once more before turning his little head up to Virgil.

"I just wanted to say hi to my bestest friend in the world! I missed them!" Emile said, squeezing you a tiny bit more before running over with Virgil who was waiting to cross the street. after they did and were safely across, Emile was dropped off and Virgil walked over, waving at you.

you weren't sure if you'd consider Virgil a friend or not, he's wonderful in group projects and always listens to you, but you'd really just met him. one good thing about being close to Virgil is that Virgil was close to Him...

"Virge, can you please introduce me to your group... I really really want to meet them." you said, looking over at Virgil who seemed to tense, staring at you a bit.

"w-why? they're not very fun anyway." Virgil said nervously, but you merely smiled at him.

"Please! I really really want to meet them." you asked again and Virgil seemed to cave with a long sigh, holding out his hand for you to follow.

you approached the group, your stomach flipflopping as you looked at the different people, one kid with a mustache, a rare ability in high school, one in sunglasses, iced coffee in hand, then the ringleader. the boy in the hat. Virgil waved, his arm around your shoulders in a subconscious protective manner.