Free Practice (part 2)

Marshall exited the pit-lane and started driving around the curcuit, but it was quite unsuccessful. He made some mistakes, like blocking up tyres or spinning around the corner. Still, he was doing great, then Nico tried to radio check on him.

Nico: Radio check, Marshall. Can you hear me?

Marshall: Yep. What's the problem?

Nico: Well, you did a nice job exploring the track. You're really good at understanding the circuit and that's one point done from our FP plan. Now come into the pits and Tom will explain you everything.

Marshall: Copy.

While Marshall was driving around the track, a few Toyota members with Kamui Kobayashi went from garage to see how is pup doing on circuit. Looking at his mistakes, they sighed in relief, because Marshall was a rookie though. Then Mr.Morimoto was heard on radio.

Mr.Morimoto: Keep your eyes open. We need to know about Marshalls driving style.

Kamui: He made some mistakes. Rookie mistakes.

Mr.Morimoto: It's still not a relief. Look carefully.

The group watched as Audi entered the pit-lane and stopped near Audi team garage, where Tom approached to the left side of the car and opened the door.

Tom: Ok, Marsh. First of all you know that we have a hybrid engine. It has KERS.

Marshall: KERS?

Tom: It's a special system, which makes you go faster by 12 kmph. The energy generates from braking and accelerating. You should understand.

Marshall: Yeah, I understand.

Tom: Good! Now, we need to know how good you are on managing the tyres and KERS. You have 2 laps, each lap for each management test.

Marshall: What about fuel?

Tom: Maaan, I forgot. So 3 laps around the track!

Marshall: Got it.

The pit crew changed tyres and filled fuel on Audi R18 E-Tron and Marshall drove from boxes, when he exited the pitlane, Tom and Paw Patrol went into the garage to check on car data. 

Tom: Look at this screen. That's where we will check tyre wear on Marshalls car, KERS usage and fuel management. That's where we will check results from our tests.

Meanwhile Marshall was doing the test on tyre management, trying to go as fast as he could. The key to pass this test was not pushing on throttle at the apex of the corner, which was very easy to do it and Marshall did so. While finishing the lap, Tom saw that white tyre recoloured on purple, which meant "perfect tyre management". Now Marshall went to work with KERS, which required a perfect braking and good acceleration from exit of the corner. The main problem was not to push on the gas too early. Marshall did this mistake, after passing corner at the end of Mulsanne straight. Still, he passed this test and battery icon on Toms screen got purple color.

Tom: You make me pround Marshall.

Chase: Way to go bro!

Now the hardest test was incoming: fuel management. Marshall needed to use a "Lift and coast" tactic, which means: braking by the engine, not by brake pedal. He decided to push on brake pedal while pressing the throttle pedal. Surprisingly it worked! And after doing a lap a fuel tank icon got his purple color.

Nico: How are you doing this?

Marshall: I'm just releasing the throttle and pressing on brakes at the same time and when distance to corner is 150m I press fully on brakes. Now let me focus, I'm doing a qualifying lap!

Nico: Copy that!

Mr.Morimoto: Any news?

Kamui: He's doing a perfect managment. KERS, fuel and tyres!

Mr.Morimoto: No way! That means, he is massively slow on one fast lap.

Kamui: He's doing a hot lap. I'm checking the time on screen.

Marshall crossed the line and showed a lap time, which made all eyes go wide: Nicos, Toyota members and Paw Patrol members: 3:30,7.

Kamui: Ehh, boss! 3:30,7!

Mr.Morimoto: What?!? 2 seconds faster than Fernando Alonso?!

Kamui: Afraid so.

Mr.Morimoto: Come back. We need to talk!

Kamui and Toyota members went back to his garage while Marshall returned to Audi garage.

There you go!! Finally a new chapter to this story!! Hope you will like it!! Sorry, but no dedications on this chapter! See you soon and stay safe ))))