Qualifying session

Just a little note: I decided not to do the commentators talk as I did in "A clash at a price of relationship", but I will do this talk before the race. Now enjoy the chapter!

Tom Nico and Paw Patrol had arrived to the garage, where the crew finished preparing their car. Then three men came to gang: it were personal engineers for each driver; Jack for Tom, Owen for Nico and Mark for Marshall.

Jack: Everything is ready Tom. 

Tom: So we are. Did you do my little request as I promised?

Jack: Sorry, rules didn't let me to install an another steering wheel.

Nico: How are we lucky!

Tom: Sorry?

Nico: Well, Marshall asked me to adaptate himself to our usual steering wheel.

Tom: That's great!

Jack: Nice. Now, Marshall I'd like to introduce you your engineer Mark, he will help and support you during your part of the race, alright?

Marshall: No problem them.

Mark: Hey little friend (fists fives to Marshall).

Marshall (fists fives back): Hello.

Tom: Now Ryder and pups. I know you want to support our friend and teammate but rules are rules.

Zuma: Talk with Chase. He's our main ruler.

Chase: Sheesh (giggles). Yeah I obey rules so what?

Skye: Well if we need to go, we will go.

Engineer: I'll guide you to room which has a big TV, where you will see qualifying session.

Rocky: OK then.

Chase: Nice.

Tom: Ok. Guide them to the room and for us the session is about to start.

Nico has already wore his helmet and was getting ready to take a seat in the car. Then he opened the door and got in. For next 3 minutes Nico was sitting in the car checking something in the wheel and when he did that he stayed here for another 3 minutes.

Marshall: Looks like everything is ready. Why we are not going on track?

Tom: Surface on track should be warmed up. It could be warmed by sun and laso by other drivers.

Marshall: Alright then.

Suddenly they heard an engine sound and it was a Porsche who exited its garage and drove on track. 

Owen: It's time Nico. Let's go.

Nico turned the engine on and exited the pit-lane and just behind him Toyota was also on track. Tom easliy realised who was behind the wheel.

Tom: Kamui Kamui. Still trying to impress us by going fastest at first attempt? (giggles)

When Nico finished his first hot lap he was 0,7 seconds slower than Kamui, but aggresive first hot lap from Japanese driver played a bad joke: he had a low fuel for making same lap and drove slower, while Nico went 2,1 seconds faster than his personal best and 1,4 faster than Kamui. 

Owen: Great work mate. Now slow down, save the fuel and drive into the box.

Jack: Tom it's your turn.

Marshall: Good luck out there (licks Toms cheek).

Tom: With you noone will stop me. I'm ready guys!

Just then Audi stopped in front of the garage and Nico exited the car while pit crew was changing tyres and fueling the car. When they finished Tom got in and exited boxes and Toyota did so too. Marshall realised their plan.

Marshall: Looks like they're using our slipstream.

Nico: That's why the gap between me and Kamui was quite low.

Jack: I'll inform Tom.

Marshall: No no no no! If he will let Toyota by, they will slow him down. And dirty air you know.

Jack: Hehe, you're right pup. Ok.

At the end of first attempt for both teams Tom was quite faster than Stoffel by 0,4 seconds, but on the second attempt the Belgian driver overtook him  by slipstream and beat him on second lap by 1,2 seconds. After two rounds of qualifying the gap between teams was only 0,2 seconds for Audi. Finally it was Marshalls time to beat Toyota off for pole.

Tom: Jack, we need to fuel car more. Marshall will do two aggresive laps. Trust me, I know what I'm saying.

Jack: Copy.

The Audi pit crew got the message and when Tom arrived they started fueling the car for longer time than before. While they were doing this Marshall got in the car and Mark connected him.

Mark: Can you hear me?

Marshall: Loud and clear!

Mark: Good. You have more fuel than other drivers, all you need to do is drive as fast as you can. Forget about fuel saving!

Marshall: Alright. Let's go!

Marshall exited the pit-lane with Toyota on his tail and Fernando Alonso behind steering wheel. Surprisingly for the Spanian Audi drove away quickly.

Fernando: Looks like Audi is going to be aggressive.

Jarv: Actually, Marshall is driving a car now.

Fernando: What?! Ohhh he's sooo dead.

The Toyota driver pushed his car to the limits and unexpectedly for Audi he went faster than Marshall by 1 second! But Marshall feeling that he was slower than Alonso, went off the limit and Fernando couldn't do nothing with him. As the result, Marshall beat Toyota drivers time by 1,9 seconds and average Audi time was by 2,1 seconds faster than Toyota time, which meant that Audi trio of Tom, Nico and Marshall will start the race from pole. And happiness burst in the garage.

Mark: Yesssss!!! Come on!! Good job!! 

Tom: I knew you can do that!! Nice!!

Nico: Get in there!!

Happiness was flying in the air in room where Paw Patrol was watching qualifying session.

Chase: Yessss buddy!!! He did it!!

Skye: Yeah!! Nice one!!

Everest: Marshyyyyy!!! You're the best!!!!

Ryder: What a fast pup!! Yes!!

Truly this night would be calm for Audi team.

Chapter done!! Hope you enjoyed it! Dedication goes to Phoenix_647, a true Evershall fan. See you soon and stay safe )))))