Good start, bad news

The clock was showing 11:50 a.m as all drivers were staying on grid. All spectators could see an unusual picture: Audi was in front of Toyota on first place, which gave everybody hope that germans will finally beat current champions. Tom was talking with Jack as Marshall and Nico were with them. Nico noticed something on faces of Toyota crew which made them look suspicious.

Nico: I'm quite worried.

Tom: About what?

Nico: Toyota crew. They look... sneaky.

Tom: Well... I saw them smirking, like they already won. Or feel that they already won this race.

Jack: You just need to throw it off, especially you Marshall.

Marshall: Alright!

Nico: Ok, we gotta go. Good luck Tom!

Marshall: For luck! (licks Toms cheek)

Tom: Hehe, thanks Marsh.

Nico, Marshall and Jack went to their garage as Tom got in his car. The clock was showing 11:56 a.m as all cars were driving formation lap. But the start was rolling not from the grid. When clock showed midday, Tom as leader was at start/finish line and the race has started. Toyota decided to put Kamui on start because he was master at driving fully fueled car. Tom already realized that and started pushing on starights as Audi R18 was faster than Toyota 050 on straights and fast corners. This benefit created the gap between Tom and Kamui in 3 seconds already after first 4 laps of the race. Kamui wanted to push more but his engineer told him not to do so. This 3 second gap was holding between them for almost 1 hour of the race.  40 laps after start race control informed all drivers that they need to drive 8 hours but not for only one session. 

Owen: Ok guys! Tom will drive 4 hours not 8, then Nico and Marshall, also for 4 hours! 

Marshall: So I'll drive at the end of this day right?

Mark: Yup!

Meanwhile Ryder and pups except Everest who was watching the race in Marshalls room were watching the race and also heard about dircetive from race control.

Chase: I think it's better for Marshall. No need to push hard. Like little by little. Pushing hard for 4 hours then 8 hours rest and again pushing for 4 hours.

Rocky: I think so too!

2 hours later after race start the gap between Audi and Toyota finally started decreasing. Kamui started driving by 0.3 seconds faster than Tom. Jack noticed this.

Jack: Kamui started approaching you.

Tom: I'm charging battery, I'm slower than him right now. Give me 4 or 5 laps.

Jack: Copy.

4 laps later Kamui was behind Tom by only 1.3 seconds but at this point Audi driver charged battery and then he started driving away from Kamui. 8 laps later, the gap became 3 seconds again. When 90 minutes passed from race start the gap was 4.3 seconds.

Marshall: Way to go buddy!

Meanwhile Everest kept watching how Audi was driving away from Toyota. Medics told her that she can't watch the race in pit crew garage. Suddenly she heard a knock on door and thinking that it were medics who came to check on her she went to open the door. But Everest saw Toyota members grinning evilly. Then one of them knocked her out took her in arms and ran away from track territory. Luckily one of Audi members saw it and ran to garage to warn Paw Patrol.

Chapter done! The main part of book has started and I hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe ))))