Free Practice (part 1)

The next day Tom and Nico were sitting in garage talking about things about their car. They wanted to make Marshall feel comfortable in car, so he can show same time on track. Tom was really impressed of Marshalls skills and knew: with him, the race should be like a walk in park.

Tom: Ok, Nico. Call pups. A fast briefing before the start of free practice.

Nico: I'm on it!

Meanwhile Ryder and pups were watching a history of this legendary race, with Marshalls help of course. All got excited, stunned and also confused.

Chase: I can't believe that mistake in building can make some serious problems.

Marshall: Luckily, everyone survived. There were cops also after last flying car incident.

Rocky: I noticed, that track surface is not like... a race track.

Marshall: Actually, the track is based on road tracks.

Skye: Like for civilian vehicles?

Marshall: Indeed!

Chase: Now I understand about cops. 

Marshall: Tell us please! I won't give a tip (chuckles).

Chase: Hmmm... maybe because of being drunk?

Marshall: Skye? (winks)

Skye (kisses Chase): You're right.

Chase: You shouldn't mention that was a correct answer like that! (laughs)

Marshall: Well, a little revenge, when Everest did the same to me when we were on police show.

Chase: Now I remember.

Just then Nico called.

Nico: Marshall. Come to our garage, we need to talk.

Marshall: Shoot! It's a free practice incoming for 2 hours!

Nico: That's it. So we are waiting for you!

Ryder: Well, let's go pups!

Then went to the garage and 3 minutes later, they arrived. They got excited when they saw a car: it looked so fast and beautiful. Tom saw their faces and laughed a little, so did Nico.

Tom: Do you like the car?

Rocky: It looks soo... amazing.

Nico: Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro. Two engines with summary 900 hp. Maximum speed: 375 kph. 900 kg weight. 

Rocky: Two engines?

Zuma: Same question?

Nico: We have one engine which works on oil fuel, and other one works on electricity.

Chase: Nice.

Tom: Well, we are not here to talk about the car. It's time for Marshall to make some first experience on curcuit, so he'll know each kerb on this track.

Marshall took off his Paw Patrol outfit and now he was wearing an Audi Team outfit. 

Everest: How you didn't even get sweat?

Marshall: Your ice cube. I requested you to bring it. And that's the reason.

Rubble: Smart.

Tom: I see, you're ready. Well, now get in the car. Try to make yourself comfortable.

Chase: Stop stop stop. I know we are going to free practice, but should we do it officialy?

Nico: Well, in F1 I had official FP sessions. But in WEC we don't have it. You can practice whenever you want.

Chase: Okay.

Marshall sat in the car and found a problem: he couldn't reach pedals.

Tom: Oh, I forgot that you're quite small for cockpit. Let me fix it.

Tom got a special pedals which he put above standard pedals. Now Marshall could easily touch them.

Nico: Don't worry. They work as our usual pedal system, which me and Tom use.

Marshall: Ok, it makes me feel... relieved. Nevermind, I'm ready.

Tom: I got a permission to start. Let's go!

Marshall turned on the engine and drove off from the garage.

And there you go! Chapter done! Hope you will like it! Dedication goes to Nowyyy808! He's a great friend and writer! Check his stories! See you soon and stay safe ))))