Time to shine

A night came on Le Mans track as teams kept fighting between each other in different classes. Marshall had a good rest despite unexpected visit from Mr.Morimoto and was sitting in garage, talking with Mark about his race plan. Then Tom arrived, breathing a little bit heavily.

Tom: Ok, I have some good news for you. Thanks to one of Toyota members your friends got a replay of video call between Everest and Mr.Morimoto. Chase will use it to locate her.

Marshall: Still you have bad news as well right?

Tom: Yes, she's in very bad state. No food, no drink. But don't let this flood your mind, just focus on your race and remember: don't let Toyota go.

Marshall: I got it! (sighs) Well, let's go.

Mark: Just remember, no pushing! Keep it steady and smooth.

Marshall nodded and 6 minutes later he heard Nico coming to the pits. As the car stopped pit crew started fueling the car and changing tyres as Nico quickly got out from car and ran into the garage to tell something special. During his stint, he made an incredible 14-second gap, which was more than Audi planned. Then Marshall jumped in car, sat comfortbale and turned on the engine. 25 seconds later, pit crew finished their job and Marshall drove from pits. 1 minute later, Toyota finished with their stop and a car with Fernando Alonso behind the wheel exited team boxes. Mr.Morimoto got warned and started watching the race from Marshall's onboard.

Mr.Morimoto: Hope you remember conditions, pup!

2 laps later, Marshall heated up the tyres and found good fuel management. He knew that Fernando will push hard to catch him, so he minimized gap loss by ERS on main straight, which was quite enough. In fact, Toyota driver was faster only by 0,2 seconds per lap. And when Marshall managed to pass Porsche curve without mistakes, Fernando's lap was almost equal as Marshall's. This made Mr.Morimoto quite angry, knowing that pup already spotted him in lie. 1 hour later, Marshall kept his pace, but the gap between him and Alonso was only 4 seconds.

Mark: Ok, you did a mega job on managing. You're clear to push! 

Marshall: Really? I thought Nico did this job.

Mark: Still we need to be saffe from Fernando. 

Marshall: Ok, understood.

Mark: By the way, how's your mental feeling, Tom's quite worried.

Marshall: I'm good. 

Mark: Ok, copy.

1 lap later, Marshall started going faster, which was mega unexpected to Toyota, especially for Mr.Morimoto. Worse news were that Fernando was managing for another push and knowing Marshall's pace, it'll be hard to catch him. When Marshall did half of his stint, the gap increased from 4 to almost 20 seconds.

Mark: Great! Now, keep managing! Don't forget to call me, if you'll have a problem!

Marshall: Copy!

Mr.Morimoto was furious, because his plan was going completely wrong. He turned off TV and went to give a note to Fernando's engineer, which he'll tell to driver on his last stint. Engineer shivered and nodded. 

Mr.Morimoto: Well, Marshall, you won the battle, but not the war!!

Chapter done!! Hope you will like it!! I'm going to have exams on 5 subjects untill 27.06, so maybe I won't update books at some time. See you soon and stay safe ))))