Qualifying brief

The next day after Free Practice, Tom and Nico were at their garage, preparing themselfes for qualifying. Their engineers were checking the data in their laptops and finding the perfect setup so the drivers could push maximum from the car. However, Marshall, Ryder and pups weren't with them, so drivers decided to find them which wasn't so hard. They were in briefing room, which was filled by air of impatience. The smell of it made Nico realize and remind something.

Nico: Oh God! We dealt with them that we will talk about qualifying in Le-Mans in this room before session.

Tom: Really? Ahhh, yeah, we did. Oops.

Marshall: Oh, you're here! Where have you been?

Tom (enters the room): In garage, checking the car.

Chase: Checked so carefully that you forgot about our meeting here? (giggles)

Nico: 1:0 Mr. Caring Boyfriend (laughs).

Skye: He sure is (rubs his cheek).

Chase: Ok ok. It's a tie, right?

Nico: Ok. Now to business. 

Tom and Nico sat on their seats to tell Marshall about qualifying session.

Tom: So we have only 15 minutes remaining until session starts. But qualifying in WEC is kinda specific. In other racing championships each driver uses his personal racing car. Us too, but we change drivers trough race, because you all know, it's kinda impossible to drive for whole race. 

Nico: Yeah! What Tom wants to tell you, we change drivers even in qualifying session. Each driver has two hot laps. Then he enters into the pit-lane, pit crew changes tyres and adds fuel in car, while other driver gets prepared for his try.

Zuma: So how stewards decide who will be on pole?

Nico: Again specific. They add best hot lap from each driver and divide sum on 3. It calls "Average time of hot lap from team". If this time will be faster, more chances to take the pole.

Zuma: Oh, got it.

Tom: Now Marshall, you drive even faster than Toyota drivers. You are our trump card in hand. You will do your attempt last to minimize our losses. I know that you want to show everybody that you're not useless, but still, the race and qualifying is built on teamplay.

Marshall: I got it Tom.

Nico: Any questions?

Paw Patrol: (shook their heads).

Nico: Then let's go!! Let's introduce to Marshall his personal engineer.

They exited briefing room and ran to the garage!

Woooo! Chapter done! Well to be honest I don't know the rules in WEC so I decided to create my specific rules and I hope you will like this improvization. Dedication goes to ChaseTheRacer. A guy who loves cars, just like me! See you soon and stay safe )))))