letters five and six.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ─── thanksgiving shenanigans

7th Avenue, September 3rd 2009

November 20th 2006

𝔇ear Luke,

Is it too early in the Thanksgiving period of time for me to ask you to come and kill me? The answer;

No.

Please, take some time off from your job and come and kill me, please, because I don't want to have to go and see my parents or sister for Thanksgiving. I really have no interest in hearing them argue for the next few days, plus I still need to tell them that I'm not going to be at theirs for Christmas. It's not going to go down well.

Anyway, onto happier notes, I need to know what you would like for Christmas. I've got a couple of ideas, but nothing solid so far so please let me know in advance. I was to buy stuff before the prices go up as I am a broke college student.

But, you know what I would like for Christmas? The name and make of your sword, please!

Also, pizza last week was brilliant and you have to admit, the Disney movies are great. I've been humming Once Upon a Dream for the entire week and my class mates are starting to get annoyed with me. It is what it is. 

My neighbour is also now annoyed with me. He's still complaining about the two of us whenever I walk by him in the lobby. That's your fault, not mine.

Also, when are you free? Do I put the Christmas tree up without you, or should I wait? If  you can, do you think it's possible that you can ask your boss for more time off? I'll happily procrastinate more of my college work to do Christmas stuff with you. We also definitely need to go ice skating together! Please, it would be so much fun and we could have matching Christmas jumpers!!!

Honestly, these ideas are the only thing getting me through the Thanksgiving time, so please come and plan with me. Get back to me soon.

Arabella

November 30th 2006

Dear Luke,

I like Ellie as a new nickname. It's perfect, and surprisingly enough, no one's ever called me that before. Now I've just got to think of a nickname for you and we're on even ground.

In answer to your question, yes, your letter is the only thing that got me through Thanksgiving and I truly appreciate the willpower it gave me. Thank you for that.

Anyway, I think I can definitely manage those for Christmas, and I've thought of some other things to get you as well so don't you worry. What do I want for Christmas? Is your presence too cheesy an answer? Kidding, don't kill me. Maybe some more fluffy blankets or socks (because I'm running out of those and need some more). The name of your sword is also up there on the list because that would be a simply amazing Christmas present for me.

Also, fair warning, you left one of your hoodie's with me a couple of weeks back and I've now commandeered it so the chances of you getting that back are slim to none.

How did your boss react with you humming Once Upon a Dream? I can't believe that but I also can probably believe that your boss' reaction wasn't great. That's also hilarious that one of your co-workers knew it as well. Did you two accidentally serenade each other? Please tell me you did because that would be hilarious.

Also, screw you! I do have friends thank you very much. I am able to socialise, even if you don't think that I do. You've just never met them because I don't let the lot of you interact. That would be chaos, a chaos that I don't want.

Have you never celebrated Christmas before? Oh, we are going to have so much fun! Yes, ugly Christmas sweaters are mandatory on Christmas Eve (we'll go shopping for some, don't worry). Ice skating is a lot of fun, so we are definitely going if  you're down for it. Also, if you're around for New Years Eve, we'll go to Times Square for the ball drop. Did your boss give you time off? Because this would be so much fun, and now I can't wait for you to show up, nor until Christmas!

Anyway, I'm really looking for this now and I can not wait to celebrate it with you, especially for your first Christmas. :)

Ellie x

"They were having Christmas together?" Annabeth didn't know what to think of that, placing the letter down with a far off look in her eyes. She could not remember having ever celebrated Christmas with Luke. They'd never had the chance.

"Are you alright?" Percy touched her back gently, looking down at his girlfriend with wide eyes.

"I do not want to tell her." Annabeth's voice came out as a murmur, choking over the words. "I really don't want to tell her that Luke's dead. She's going to such lengths to do all of these things with him, and we've got to go and tell her that Luke's dead. Her friend's dead."

"It will be better if she knows than for her not to." Percy wrapped his arm around her, soothing her softly. "Otherwise she's going to think that he left her. That's not fair. I wouldn't want you to think that I had just up and left you."

"I know, I know. She just seems so nice and I don't want to be the one to tell her." Percy nodded at Annabeth's words, before picking up the next envelope and sighing. There seemed to be photographs in this one.

As if there day couldn't get any worse.

∘☽☾∘

Hiya,

If you couldn't tell, I love Arabella to death. She's my darling and she and Luke are adorable and the next chapters are Christmas and New Year for one of my new favorite ships.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx