ix. kitchen units

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 ─── kitchen units

Flatbush Ave., February 7th 2007

, February 7th 2007

𝔏uke looked absolutely shattered. That was the first thing that Arabella noticed when she saw him. But even when he was tired, he forced a smile onto his face at the sight of her.

"Hi." He murmured, as Arabella opened her arms for the man to walk into. He obliged, dropping his bag inside the door and embracing the smaller girl. The tension started to leave his shoulders, as he buried his head into the crook of her neck. "It's good to see you."

"I missed you too." Ellie replied, running her hand through his hair to untangle the knots. He hummed at the feeling, as Ellie pressed a kiss to his forehead. "You look tired, Luke. Everything alright?"

"I hate work." Luke sighed, yawning into her shoulder before finally standing back up to his full height and looking around the apartment. "Something smells good. What are you making?"

"Food."

"Ha ha." Luke kicked his back into the house, throwing his shoes into a corner as Ellie chuckled. "So funny."

"I try." She escaped back to the kitchen. "I'm making pasta. Different to last time though."

"You're a saint." Luke's grin grew wider, as he crept up behind the girl to smatter kisses all across her face and neck. Her laughter filled the room as Luke's heart sped up. "You're amazing."

"Tell me something that I don't already know." Ellie's soft look had Luke's heart stumbling. This whole 'relationship' thing was new to him, and Luke wasn't quite sure how to handle it, but all he could do was thank his lucky stars that he was able to call the girl in his arms, his.

"Well, I could also say that you are the most beautiful girl in the world, without a doubt," Arabella blushed, slapping Luke's shoulder as he laughed. "And your blush is adorable."

"You're smooth." She stated, as Luke laughed and held her tighter. A beeper went off in the kitchen, and Ellie removed herself from his arms with a slight struggle. "Let me finish cooking the food, otherwise you're not going to get it."

"Fine." Luke reluctantly let go of her, following after Ellie with a soft smile as the woman drained the pasta, and added the sauce. Two plates appeared beside her, courtesy of the tall blond man, who was still looking around her apartment to try and find new things.

"New photo?" Luke peered down at the photo, one that she hadn't sent him. It was of the pair of them underneath the tree at the Rockefeller centre. Luke's arms were wrapped around Ellie's waist, a wide grin on his face. Her lips were placed on Luke's cheek, which would explain the blushing that was on Luke's cheeks. "I like it. You look adorable."