xl. mute it

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 ─── mute it

New York, 25th December 2008

"ℑ can't believe it's already your first Christmas!" Ellie cooed at Wren, smoothing out the little girl's red dress as the baby giggled

"ℑ can't believe it's already your first Christmas!" Ellie cooed at Wren, smoothing out the little girl's red dress as the baby giggled. Picking her up, Ellie smothered her in kisses.

"Wow, both my girls are looking beautiful," Ellie glanced over her shoulder as Luke appeared in the nursery, dressed in a smarter shirt and jeans, before he leant down to press a kiss to Ellie's lips. "You look absolutely stunning, Els."

"Stop being smooth." He laughed as Ellie went bright red, before leaning down to pick Alex up.

"You, little man, are going to be as dashing as me."

"Cocky much?"

"Nope. It's just facts," Ellie smacked him on the shoulder, before exiting the nursery and down the stairs into the kitchen, where Ethan and Alabaster were checking on the food.

"Haven't burnt the house down." Ellie glared at Ethan, who was wearing a festive red eye patch and looked slightly like he should have had a parrot on his shoulder. Though, Alabaster could have played that role as he looked over the older man's shoulder. "But, it should be done in about ten minutes and my godchildren are so cute."

Luke handed Alex to Ethan, who grinned down at the small boy. Cai curled around Ellie's feet, leaning into the side of her leg, as Luke plucked Wren from her arms.

"Give me my daughter back, Luke," He shook his head, blowing a raspberry onto Wren's cheek as the girl squealed in amusement. Ellie slumped down into a chair, annoyed that she couldn't hold one of her babies.

"Don't worry, mum. You've got me instead," Ellie began to laugh, as Alabaster sat in her lap and clung onto her. "See, I'm obviously the best child you have."

"Al!" Alabaster continued to grin, as Ellie groaned and tried to move him off of her thighs. Luke turned to look at them with a raised eyebrow, as Ellie stopped trying to move and instead took advantage of being able to run her hand through Alabaster's short hair. "My favorite child who I didn't give birth to."

"I'll take it."

"You'll break her legs," Luke warned, placing Wren into her high chair at the table, close to the Christmas tree.

"You're just jealous," Alabaster grinned, before yelping as Luke picked him off of Ellie's lap and deposited him on the tile floor beside Cai. It took a moment for Alabaster to process that Luke had picked him up and placed him somewhere else. "Why are you so freakishly strong?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," Ethan laughed at the pair, as he placed Alex into Ellie's lap, who was watching everything with an amused smile.

"You look lovely, Bella/" Ethan said, as Luke and Alabaster began to bicker. "And I've had an idea."