xli. fizz

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 ─── fizz

New York, 1st January 2009

𝔈llie finally stopped kissing Luke as they officially entered into 2009. He grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead before clinking their glasses together and turning towards Ethan and Alabaster.

"Happy New Year!" Ethan cheered, picking Ellie up with one arm and spinning her around in a circle as she tried to make sure that her champagne didn't go all over the two of them. "2009 is gonna be a good year, Bella. I can feel it!"

"Put me down!" Ethan laughed with her, pressing a kiss to her cheek, before Alabaster came over to wrap his arms around her. Luckily, he didn't attempt to pick her up, otherwise Ellie was sure that she might accidentally dump champagne all over him.

"Happy New Year, mum," Ellie pressed another kiss to his cheek, before taking a sip of her champagne. She called it champagne, but it really wasn't. Whilst all the boys had alcohol, she had some weird non-alcoholic thing, as she was still breast feeding.

"Can you believe it? 2009," Luke grinned, wrapping his arm back around her waist so that he could press a kiss to her head. "Not sure how it can top last year though considering we brought a house, got Cai and had Beans!"

"You make it sound like you ate them for dinner." Ethan joked.

"I'll eat you for dinner."

"Bella, I can't tell whether your husband is serious." Ellie rolled her eyes at Ethan's words.

"Luke's joking."

"Am I?" Ellie slapped him over the shoulder, as he began to laugh and Ethan went pale. "Yeah, just messing with you."

"You are going to give me a heart attack one day, man." Ethan shook his head, before they all flopped down on the couch again. Ellie checked the baby monitor and sighed in relief as she saw that they hadn't woken Beans up.

"What are your New Year's resolutions then?" Alabaster asked, taking a sip of the alcohol, before pulling a face at the taste of it. Immediately, he handed it over to Luke.

"I don't know. Try not to kill the children?" The boys all snorted at Ellie's words. "I'm kidding, honest."

Luke did not look amused at that statement. "Not funny."

"Sorry," Leaning up, Ellie pressed a kiss to his jaw before thinking. "Spend time with you guys and friends more, be a good mum to Beans and Alabaster and have fun."

"Aww," Ethan grinned, before thinking of his. "Spoil Beans and try not to let Luke and Bella get anymore blackmail material on me."

"That reminds me. We haven't shown Alabaster the never gonna give you up video."