letter one.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ─── i have an idea

7th Avenue, September 3rd 2009

August 4th 2006

𝔇ear Luke,

You didn't really have time to give me the full story before you snuck off in the middle of the night. You should have stuck around, I'm known for my breakfasts. And I can promise you that my breakfasts taste a whole lot better than slightly burnt pizza.

Also, you really do not have to pay me back at all, it was perfectly fine. You looked in need of food and a shower, I just wished you'd stayed a bit longer so that I could have made sure that you weren't incredibly injured. You could have a concussion! If you really want to pay me back, then just bring me some food or something. I don't want any money though, none at all.

Next time though, you definitely have to tell me what type of sword that is. I'm intrigued now, because I don't think I've seen that before. Normally they just glow bronze, but yours is two toned. Does it have a name?

Also, just out of curiosity, do you have a phone number? Just out of curiosity, nothing more, because sending letters back and forth does make me feel like I'm in a historical drama. Next thing I know, you'll be sending me letters in ink with some sort of seal like it's my Hogwarts letter.

(Hopefully you get the Harry Potter joke).

That reminds me, I really want to watch the Harry Potter films with someone and you coming over gives me the perfect excuse. That makes me sound like I have no friends. I do, promise.

Anyhow, as amusing as this was, I'm gonna be expecting a letter telling me that you're coming round to watch Harry Potter, with food.

See you soon,

Arabella

"Do you know any Arabella's?" Percy asked Annabeth quietly, as she shook her head at the thought and read through the letter again. Her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion, questions floating through her mind as she tried to match the dates up.

"This is straight after he left Camp. I can't believe that he was still so close to Camp, I thought he would have run," Annabeth stated. She set the letter down carefully, taking a deep breath as she forced her mind to focus on finding the next letter.

"It's this one." Percy handed the next letter to her, smiling gently.

"August 15th 2006." Annabeth read aloud, trying to think what she had been doing on that day. She couldn't remember the date, meaning she hadn't been doing anything important. Luke had still been in New York, still been so close.

She could have made him come back to Camp, stopped everything from happening, but she didn't. She gave up looking for him so close and now, he was dead and she was sitting in a storage container reading through letters between some random girl and him, wondering what she could have done to change this.

∘☽☾∘

Hiya,

Letters are going to be shorter chapters with just what the letter says, from Arabella, and then what Annabeth and Percy think going through it :)

Hope you enjoyed,

Love Li xx