xlvi. birthdays

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ─── birthdays

new york, 27th april 2009

"ℌappy Birthday!"

"Oh god, why are you guys jumping on top of me!" Ellie moaned in pain as Ethan and Alabaster chuckled. "Why?"

"Poor Bella," Ethan began to stroke her hair, as Luke watched it all from the doorway, Alex and Wren in his arms, and Cai at his feet. "So old. Look, I can already see the grey hairs. Ow!"

Ellie smacked him over the back of the head again, this time harder than the first, not liking the comments on her age, especially with her being the eldest of all of them.

"Luke, your wife is trying to smack all my brain cells out of me."

"That would be a worry if you had any brain cells to begin with," Luke retorted, as Ethan shot him a glare and finally got off of Ellie, as Cai launched himself onto the bed by her straight afterwards. "Sorry, Ethan."

"I'm way too used to this." Ethan fake sobbed, as Ellie kissed his head and accepted Wren from Luke's arms. The baby cooed, allowing Ellie to press her lips to the girl's pudgy cheeks.

"Morning, Els," Luke leant down, pressing a kiss to Ellie's lips. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks."

"We made pancakes," Alabaster grinned, sitting at the end of the bed, with Cai in his lap. "Got them ready and waiting for you downstairs."

"You guys are sweet." Ellie replied, stretching her back out, before she stood up and pulled one of Luke's hoodies on, after passing the baby in her arms to Ethan. "Let's hope they're edible."

"I'm offended by your lack of faith in our cooking," Ethan and Alabaster shot her glares, before ginning. "But don't worry. Luke cooked."

"Oh, faith restored. They're going to be be great," Luke laughed, before leading the others downstairs, as Cai made it his mission to trip Alabaster up. "Is everyone coming round this evening?"

"Yeah, Ava and Iris are, as is Hermes and Apollo," Ellie nodded at the confirmation, taking a seat at the table, as the boys placed the babies in their high chairs, grabbed the plates, food and drinks as well as presents and cards for Ellie. She tried to help, but Luke pushed her straight back down again. "Don't even think about it. It's your birthday, you're not doing anything."

"Spoil sport." He winked, dishing the food out as Ellie beamed, happy to be in her family's company.

"Okay, time for presents, Doll," Ava called, Iris lying in her arms, as the remainder of the family lounged around in the living room. "Open ours first."