xxx. gender reveals

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 ─── gender reveals

New York, 6th August 2008

"𝔚oah." Ellie's jaw dropped at the sight of her husband, having just emerged from the shower. She had to remind herself that breathing was a necessity for both her and Beans' life to continue further. Luke turned around, his shirt unbuttoned as she raked her eyes up and down his form, blinking multiple times. Luke cocked an eyebrow at her silence, wondering if he'd managed to break his wife (who's was staring at him with her mouth agape). "Luke, you look like a Greek god."

That made him laugh.

"Hi Els. You look stunning." Luke leant down, kissing her head carefully so as to not mess up her makeup or hair, that he knew she would have taken an age on. He'd been threatened one too many times to know better than to disrupt the woman's curls, makeup, nails or outfit. 

Ellie nodded in a distracted soft of manner, her hands brushing around his waist line as she pulled him mildly closer, tracing his back muscles.

"No, no, no." Luke pulled her hands out from beneath his shirt, shaking his head at her pout. "We've got a baby shower, and gender reveal for Beans."

"How are you so good looking?" Luke shrugged, walking out of the bedroom door so that he could make sure that Ethan and Alabaster hadn't set the kitchen on fire or something like that. "This isn't fair. Come back and kiss me."

"That's how Beans came about in the first place." A shoe being thrown at Luke's head made him laugh and duck. "You would also kill me for ruining your make up."

Ellie muttered curses and stomped her feet as Luke left, shimmying into her dress. It was a soft yellow one, that hugged her bump a little but was long and flowy, so that it didn't stick to the woman's skin in the hot New York summer.

"Stupid, handsome husband with his stupid abs and his stupid smirk and his stupid...Why can't I reach my feet!" Ethan appeared in the doorway, also dressed up in a smarter shirt and jeans, a grin on his face.

"What you up to, Bella?" She glared at him from where she was flopped backwards on the bed, as he pulled the sandals from her hand and sat down on the floor in front of her to put them on.

"Cursing my handsome husband."

"Personally, I don't know what you see in him, but each to their own," Ethan said, causing Ellie to giggle as he did the shoes up for her. He was quick with the buckles, as Ellie finally sat up to stared down at her best friend. "But hey, Beans are gonna have good genes from you two."

"I suppose you're right."

"Obviously more from you than Luke."

"You know just how to cheer me up." Ellie giggled, as Ethan stood and pulled her to her feet. His hand reached out, soothing the top of her bump gently, before he too, kissed her head.