xvi. athens

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ─── athens

Athens, 10th October 2007

𝔇ear Annabeth,

Hi. I don't think that you know who I am, or maybe you do - does Luke talk about me? Anyway, my name's Arabella and I've been dating Luke for close to a year now. I'm twenty and a nursing student, though I'm very close to finishing my degree, and he talks about you a lot.

I wish that we could meet, it's a shame that you're at boarding school. Maybe in the future we could meet up, I really want to get to know you, cause from what Luke's told me, you sound awesome.

Anyway, I'm in Athens at the moment, though I am coming to the end of my trip, and I thought that I should just write a little note to introduce myself and all. Enclosed, I printed some of the photos that I took of the architecture and all of the buildings around here. I think that you'll particularly like the Acropolis hill, which I thoroughly enjoyed, the Parthenon and the Panathenaic stadium.

After listening to the audio guides, I have learnt some basic things about the architecture, which I'm sure that you can correct me on, and I've written that all on the back of the photos for you. Maybe it can be the start of a collection, so wherever you go, you can collect photos and facts about everything. If you did, I'd be super excited to see it someday, when you're a famous architect and all.

Also, I put in a couple of key chains from the islands we went to. They were all stunning, but Luke's got those photos, so you can pester him for those. I've also sent him strict instructions to leave this letter for you, because I know that he likes to have a peek at things. Threaten to burn the building down if he tries anything, he'll know what you mean.

Right, that's about it from me, I think. You don't have to write a letter back at all, this was just to introduce myself and so that you knew who I was. I hope you like the gifts, and hopefully we can meet up at some point in time. By the time you get this, I should be back in the States anyway.

Arabella

Sliding the photos and key chains into the envelope with the letter, Arabella sealed it and placed it with Luke's letter in her trunk.

"Bella!" The door to her hotel room swung open, as Ava appeared, grinning at the girl. For as long as Arabella could remember, Ava and Iris had been with one and other. According to Ava, it was classic best friend to lovers story arc, and now they had a little kid together and the perfect fairy tale ending. It was enough to make Arabella mildly jealous. "Come on, love letters to your darling boyfriend later. We're going for dinner, doll."