xxxvi. thanksgiving ideas

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ─── thanksgiving ideas

New York, 31st October 2008

"ℑ've been having a think about Thanksgiving, right?" Luke hummed, as he held onto Cai's leash and walked beside his heavily pregnant wife. She waddled along slowly beside him, talking animatedly. "I think that this is the first one we might actually be able to have as a family."

Ellie was now into her eight, and final month. She could give birth at any minute, so her work had sent her on maternity leave, and now Ellie was just practically on bed rest, bar the daily walks that she would do with Luke and Cai.

"I think you're right." Luke replied, as Ellie stretched her back out once more. It was starting to ache and she cursed being pregnant more and more. "Why? Something the matter?"

"Well, I was just thinking, since it was our first Thanksgiving and all, probably with Beans," Ellie replied, before shrugging her shoulders and huffing. "I just didn't know whether or not it would be good to have the family round for Thanksgiving."

"You'd have just given birth, or be on the verge of it."

"I know." Ellie replied, before shrugging again. "That's why I thought we could try and persuade Iris and Ava to cook with the bribery of them seeing the twins if they did, and just host it at ours."

"They always say that I'm the evil one, but Ellie, blackmail using Beans? That takes the prize." Ellie grinned, before leaning further into Luke's side as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I'm down for it though."

"I was also thinking that we could invite your dad? And Apollo?" Luke tensed up momentarily, before humming. "Come on, Luke. I'd like Beans to at least know one set of grandparents, and I doubt it will be mine."

"If your parents come anywhere near you or Beans, I'll stab them," Luke growled, his face dark.

"I appreciate the murderous intentions, Luke, but not necessary and slightly off topic," Luke hummed, before looking down at Ellie, who was pulling a face as she rubbed her stomach. "I'm fine, it's just Braxton Hicks contractions. Look, just...ask your dad, please? He seems to really want to make it up to you, and I know that it's not my place to say..."

"You're the love of my life, of course it is. I want to hear your opinion." Luke replied, before reluctantly nodding. "I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Thank you," Ellie leant up to press a kiss to his lips, before groaning again. "I hate being pregnant! Can we go home yet?"

"Sure thing," Luke sighed, rolling his eyes as he turned around and led her back down the path towards their house. "Have Beans been moving around much?"