xiii. cinema trips

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ─── cinema trips

flatbush ave., 11th July 2007

, 11th July 2007

"𝔘mbridge was so much more annoying in the film than the books. But they cast her so well," Arabella complained, as Luke chuckled behind her. She glanced back at him with a grin, before accepting the jacket that he handed to her with a grateful smile. "Thanks, baby. Anyway, Sirius' death was so unnecessary. How did he miss the curtain? It was like, right there. He could have just dodged, or not fought in front of it!"

"It was upsetting, but you did know it was going to happen. Both of us talked about it literally yesterday." Luke wrapped an arm around her waist, leading her out of the restaurant and back down the street to the apartment building. "On another note, you were right, those burgers were delicious and such a good late night snack!"

"Weren't they?" Arabella curled further into her boyfriend's arm, her Ravenclaw scarf slung over her shoulder as they walked. "Honestly, by far the best study snack that I had over my exam period."

"Did your exams go well then?" 

"Well, here's hoping that I passed." Luke pressed a kiss to her head with a chuckle.

"I'm sure you will. You're one of the brightest people I know,"

"You have yet to see me sleep deprived. I'm not smart then," Arabella replied, so incredibly happy that he was back with her once more. "That was the reason I decided to try and save you from the monster."

"Look how that turned out," Luke grinned, pressing a kiss to her lips softly. "All worked out in the end."

Luke had arrived on Ellie's doorstep a few days back, looking pale and swaying, and had refused to tell her what had happened. She had assumed that it was something to do with the monsters, so hadn't pushed it at all.

"Well, I'm excited to see you sleep deprived anyway" Luke replied, as they reached the apartment building. Taking the steps two at a time, Luke pulled his keys out of his pocket, and opened the door for her. "After you, Ellie."

"Thank you, kind sir," Arabella giggled, kicking her shoes off and slinging her coat and scarf over the back of sofa as Luke did something similar. "What did you want to do tonight?"

"Well, preferably cuddle with my girlfriend or sleep. Maybe both." Luke grinned over at her, as Arabella pulled her hair from the ponytail, and then began to pull it all up into a bun, twisting the curly locks into an acceptable knot.

"You know the way to my heart." Luke grinned, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips gently, before walking off. "No, get back here. I want a proper kiss!"

Luke laughed at her whining, turning around to pull her close and slam his lips onto hers. She grinned into the kiss, reaching up to cup his jaw and run her finger along his scar in the process as he chuckled. Ellie pulled away, kissing him quickly a few more times as Luke shook his head.

"Better?" Luke pulled away, leaning his forehead against hers as she beamed.

"Much better!" He laughed, before entering their room, with her following. He threw his shirt into the laundry basket, grabbing a pair of shorts from the top of the bed, as Arabella disappeared into the bathroom to do her teeth and take off the makeup that she was wearing. "You're still on for meeting Iris, right?"

"Yeah, when's that?" He poked his head into the bathroom, looking at Arabella with a raised eyebrow.

"August 1st." Luke nodded, thinking for a moment.

"Should be fine, I'm around until the end of August anyway," Arabella grinned at that, spinning around to press another kiss to his lips. "I take it your pleased about that?"

"Yes, I'm incredibly happy!" She did a little dance, before finally finishing up in the bathroom and leaving Luke to brush his teeth. "I'll tell her that we can come then."

"Got it," Arabella grinned once more, before pulling a pair of shorts and one of Luke's shirts on, throwing the duvet back, and sliding in. It was a warm night, as it often was now days, but that didn't stop her from wanting to cuddle her boyfriend.

"Oh, also," She glanced up from the bed that she was making a nest to sleep in. Luke stood in the bathroom doorway, his toothbrush in hand. Arabella grinned, admiring her boyfriend, who was built like a Greek god, before looking back up at his face and waiting for him to talk. "I got a phone."

"You did? Why?" Her eyes widened in shock.

"Well, you said that you wanted to chat to me and hear my voice," Arabella blushed, vaguely remembering that she wrote that in her last letter to him. She was sleep deprived, and had sent it without reading it which perhaps she should have. "Can't use it much else for calls, and I definitely still prefer your letters, but I will try my best to call if I'm away. Don't want you to miss my voice too much."

"You're the best." Ellie blushed, as Luke finally settled into bed next to her, a strong arm wrapping around her waist. "Night, Luke."

"Night Ellie." She pressed a kiss to the mass of scars on the left side of his chest, before settling back down to sleep.

It was later that night when Ellie woke up, shifting in bed with a yawn as she stuck her foot out the duvet to cool down. Glancing up, she grinned at Luke's peaceful face, his messy blond hair and his partly open mouth as he slept.

Blinking sleepily, Ellie looked around to see what had woken her up, but there was nothing there. She grimaced, settling down to go back to sleep, before she heard it. One of the floorboards creaked, the wood protesting as something stepped on it.

In an instance, Ellie was sitting upright, her heart pounding in her ears, as she listened once more. Someone stepped again, and Ellie leant over to wake Luke, who immediately opened his eyes at her touch. He took one look at her, his eyebrows furrowing, before she began to whisper to him.

"I think there's someone in the house."

They both paused, listening once more, before Luke jumped up from the bed, silently. He reached down, before pulling the sword, that Arabella had first seen him with all those months ago, from under the bed. His face was dark with fury, twirling the sword around his wrist as they waited in a tense silence.

Then, the door began to open.

Hiya,

Luke and Ellie are a new level of cute and I just really love them so much. I'm super excited to get further into this now actually!!

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx