xii. celebrations

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 ─── celebrations

Flatbush Ave., April 27th 2007

, April 27th 2007

"...𝔱hat's ancient history, been there, done that." Luke smiled, as Ellie continued to head bop, singing into a slice of pizza as if it were a microphone. The music to the Hercules soundtrack had been blaring ever since it started, and Luke could feel a migraine coming on, but Ellie was happy.

More so than she'd been earlier.

"Who'd you think your kidding? He's the earth and heaven to you..." Ethan sang in response, doing overly exaggerated dance movements. Luke was starting to regret ever introducing the pair, especially after they had started singing along to the first song.

He wouldn't say anything. Ellie was happy, incredibly happy, and having fun with Ethan. The pair had hit right off as soon as they'd been introduced, chatting like they'd known each other for years. 

"No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no," Ellie glanced back at him, and Luke couldn't help but laugh as a slice of pepperoni fell off and onto her face, but the girl took it all in her stride, eating it as she sang.

Diet coke cans and empty pizza boxes were littered on the coffee table, along with a store brought cake that they'd yet to start eating. The entire apartment looked like a bomb had hit it.

"It's too cliche, I won't say I'm in love," Luke laughed, as Ethan continued to dance on the other side of Ellie, a large grin on his face. Something about this entire affair was just bringing him more comic relief than normal, and whilst he wished that he and Ellie were alone for her birthday, Luke did find that Ellie and Ethan's chaotic nature was good for taking his mind off of work. But he still was regretting ever introducing them. "I thought my heart had learned it's lesson."

He rolled his eyes once more, tuning them out as he continued to watch the video. 

Finally, after another minute of torture for Luke's ears, including a high note from Ethan, a plethora of dance moves and a large amount of over dramatic-ness from both of them, the song came to an end. 

"Thank the gods," Luke murmured, as the pair reverted back to eating pizza and watching the movie quietly. Ellie flopped back into his arms, perfectly content, as Luke wrapped his arms around her waist. She burrowed further into his arms, pressing a kiss to his jaw as he smiled.

"Disgusting." Ethan shuddered. "You two are good at making people feel single I take it?"

"Well, you can always come and cuddle too," Ellie laughed, opening her arms. Luke began to shake his head, hoping his best friend would not but it was ignored. Ethan turned, lying between Ellie's legs as the pair began to talk about Disney. Luke kissed his teeth, before shaking his head.