xxxv. baby plans

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ─── baby plans

New York, 12th October 2008

"𝔚hat's the matter?" Luke had woken up drowsily at Ellie's tossing around beside him, groaning and huffing in annoyance.

"I can't get comfy and I have Braxton Hicks contractions and the twins keep kicking me and everything hurts," Ellie replied, sounding on the verge of tears, as Luke rolled over and wrapped his arms around her.

"Okay Els, what do you want me to do?" He hummed, running a hand through her tangled hair, and pulling it off the back of her neck.

"I don't know, make it stop?" Luke furrowed his eyebrows at that sentiment. 

"I don't think that I can do that," Ellie groaned in annoyance, as Luke rubbed her stomach soothingly. "Come on, a couple more weeks and then Beans are here."

"That better come quickly. I want them out of my stomach," Ellie groaned, shifting once more as Luke continued to rub her stomach in an attempt at soothing the contractions she was getting, though he didn't truly know how to help.

"Soon we're going to be able to hold them and cuddle them, and they're going to be here." That did bring a smile to Ellie's face, as Luke chuckled and tried to keep his voice low to stop from waking up Ethan and Alabaster, who both were quite light sleepers. "Have you thought anymore about names?"

"At this point, I think we should just spin a wheel for middle names."

"You speak like they're a parcel you're waiting to have delivered." Ellie snorted, before rolling over carefully to face Luke, who rested his hand onto her stomach once more and grinned. "I can't wait."

"Kind of worried about pushing them out." 

"All shall be revealed when we go to the doctors tomorrow." Luke reminded her gently, "Then we can know for sure. But you need rest."

"Cuddle me," Luke grinned, before reaching down to wrap his arms around her shoulders tightly, not caring about the uncomfortable position he was in. If he was by Ellie and Beans then he'd sleep peacefully.

"Hello Mrs. Castellan," Ellie's midwife smiled at her and Luke, and Ellie pulled Luke's hoodie up to reveal her large pregnancy bump. "How has everything been going?"

"I've had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions, and it's becoming more difficult to get comfy, but otherwise all has been well," Ellie replied, rubbing Luke's hand gently. "I've been eating small meals and going for short walks with my dog, with no heavy lifting."