letter eight.

𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ─── meet the family?

7th Avenue, September 3rd 2009

February 28th 2007

𝔇ear Luke,

I can not believe that you lied to my landlord! He's now insisting on getting me a new oven and taking me to look for a new one. It's kind of sweet actually but still very weird. Please teach me how you did that, because that is a gift. However, my neighbours upstairs don't really like me all that much now - apparently their house smells a bit too much like smoke. I stand by that it was most likely your fault, because I hold no regrets in chasing you with a knife.

Anyhow, movie night was kind of a bust because of the whole, you know, accidentally getting the fire department called on us. So, next time you come round, let's not do that and get to actually watching the films. I really want to show you Cinderella and 101 Dalmatians. They're two of my favourite Disney movies, ever. I know that you're going to love them dearly.

Also, I really want to meet your co-worker, you know the one that you've been telling me all about. He sounds like so much fun, and I feel the need to sing Disney songs with him because you're uncultured. Sorry, not really sorry. Also, ask him if he knows the Hercules soundtrack, because that's one of my favourite.

On the note of meeting people, my cousin, Iris, wants to meet you. I think she's picked up on the fact that we're dating because, in her words, she says that I'm "being less of a pain". I have no clue what she's talking about. I'm a delight to be around (and you can vouch for me on that). If you want, we can meet her much later on during the summer after my exams? But only if you're comfortable, I want to make sure that you're alright.

Speaking of exams season, the release date for the Harry Potter film is 11 July and it's Order of the Phoenix. We'll just wait for the tickets to come out to go and see the new film. I'm so excited to watch it in the cinema with you.

Stay safe, don't kill your boss and please at least try to rest up a bit. I was super worried for you when I opened the door last time, you didn't look great.

Ellie x

"Who do you think the co-worker is?" Annabeth asked, as Percy shrugged.

"I don't know. It could have been anyone really." Percy sighed, finding the next letter in the pile. "It's so weird to think that Luke was planning for a war but doing all of this normal stuff at the same time. I just...it doesn't make any sense for him to be doing it."

"I know," Annabeth replied, looking at the photo of Luke and this Ellie person in her hands. "He looks so happy with her."

"At least he had the chance for happiness with someone," Percy replied, pressing a kiss to Annabeth's head. "You want to read the next one?"

"Sure," He passed the letter over, as they settled back down to read through it.

∘☽☾∘

Hiya,

Ellie is adorable and I can't wait for more stuff to start happening now. We're kind of getting into Sea of Monsters time period now, which should be fun. Also, I've been watching Attack on Titan season 4 and now I'm hooked again so catch me fangirling over Levi for the next few weeks :)

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx