vii. christmas spirit

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ─── christmas spirit

Flatbush Ave., 20th December 2006

, 20th December 2006

"𝔏uke!" Arabella threw the door open, her eyes wide as she launched herself onto the laughing blond man before she could stop herself. "It's been too long!"

"I missed you too, Ellie." Luke's voice was low, warming Arabella's soul as she clung to the man. As she had launched herself onto the man, he had been forced to drop pretty much everything in his hands to catch onto her, laughing all the same. "Really, I did."

Arabella's heart warmed at the confession, her arms tightening around his neck, before she finally let him go, pulling back and smiling up at the man.

Luke beamed at her, one of his truly handsome smile that he seemed to reserve for her, as Arabella fought the blush on her face down. "How have you been, Ellie?"

"I'm so excited for Christmas." Ellie beamed, opening her bedroom door so that Luke could dump his bag inside of the room. "I've held off doing a lot of the things I normally do so that we can do them together."

"Sorry." Luke winced.

"Why? There's no need. I'm happy to share my Christmas with you." Arabella was practically bouncing around the apartment, as Luke put the books that he'd borrowed back onto her shelf. Despite everything that was happening at the moment, being able to see Arabella grinning and vibrating with happiness made him happy. It made him feel something that he hadn't felt in a long time. "I'm so excited."

"I can see." Ellie turned, beaming at him, her laughter echoing through the halls as Luke's stomach dropped.

He had a crush.

"We've got to get a Christmas tree and lights and decorate it, and then we can go ice skating and sledging and go see all the Christmas lights and the window displays." Luke managed to force out a laugh, internally panicking at the thought of being in such close proximity with Arabella for the next few weeks. "When do you need to go?"

"I'm here until the New Year!" She cheered once more, before grabbing her shoes and a coat, tugging them on as Luke continued to panic. He was about to help start a war against all powerful immortal beings and he had a crush...A crush!

Now was not the ideal time for romantic feelings.

"Come on, let's get a tree first," Luke nodded, waiting for her to wrap herself back up in multiple layers and grab her phone, keys and wallet. "There's this place a little way from here."

Arabella gave him little chance to think, grabbing onto his hand as Luke's brain short circuited. One thought circled round his mind;

He was screwed.