𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 21

♡︎𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟♡︎

i helped my parents with the bags they bought as they were staying for a few days with my brother at my apartment. They came here for Elodie's graduation, and i swear she's their favorite.. they are already going to celebrate it everyday.

"ophelia, you never to clean more" mom scolded, but i swear my house is spotless, i don't know how she still finds dust.

"i will mommy." i replied.

"how's my little princess doing?" asked my dad.

"she's doing fine, just wondering how is her big old man"

"tell her he's amazing after seeing her"

"i love you dad" i hugged him.

"good morning beautiful people" shouted eros making an entry.

"good morning brother" i rushed to him.. i haven't seen this dumbass in months. he's been traveling around the world writing and learning about cultures and history.

Mom and dad also came and we had a long prolonged family hug. I missed this.

"guys, Alexander is coming over at dinner.." i announced.

"oh yess, i already think that he's an amazing guy." mom expressed.

"oh hell no. no one is good enough for my sister. i swear if he looks a bit less than my expectations i'll cook him instead of your mother's lasagna." here is my protective brother.

"she is the one in a relationship with him not you so chill. we should respect her decisions and support her. and if you didn't like him, you can talk to your daughter without showing any signs of disrespect in his presence, and i'm talking to both of you idiots" mom pointed the spoon to both the males, as i stood there proud of the speech that she just gave.

Then they looked at each other smirking "no promises" and they flew out of the house. weirdos.

"don't worry about them honey, i'll make sure they stay in place... it's just like they are the men of the house, but my word is what works here." what a queen.

"now go shower and wear something nice" she eyed up and down "and a bit more girly"

"what is wrong with my basketball shorts and jersey?" i got a glare that made me run to my room and change into a decent outfit.

After putting on some black blouse that and some denim shorts, i decided that i look presentable enough for the dinner.

"at least the boy now, won't run the hills." my mom firstly when she saw me entering the kitchen "you look beautiful just like your momma"

"no one can look as pretty as you mom" i laughed.

The doorbell rang and i heard footsteps racing towards it. oh boy... poor Alexander. i went to them before they shoo him away, i'll be his protector tonight.

"hey man, you look like a damn mushroom, how did my sister agree to be with you?" fucking eros.

"i honestly don't know either" came his voice.

"don't make me bring my shotgun on you.. i swear she would've been better as a nun.. at least i won't be worried from mushroom heads like you!" here's my dad.

"i spent thirty two years with you Mark, not to have you spitting nonsense on each boy that knocks on our door.. and freaking 9 months carrying a empty head like youu..." she took a deep breath, smiling and looking at alex "you must be the handsome gentleman my daughter told me about.. my threats towards you come later when she's not standing near the wall dying of laughter.. please do come in"

"sure... thank you" he sounded confident but i could see his nervousness on his face.. the way his eyes crinkled and his eyebrow twitched.

"hello to you" i said hugging him.

"5 feet!!" yelled eros but continued my dad "stand back!" mom rolled her eyes.

"ignore the men in our family . Let's go sit in the living room until dinner is ready" i said taking his hand.

"jack, my boy, don't touch," can cut eros's tongue off?

"it's Alexander, and yes, touch." but he got pulled from me as soon as the words came out and seated between dad and my brother.

The evening went smoothly, other than the remarks thrown at Alex by the men next to him. But i can already tell everyone was warming up to him and joking around. I knew my mom loved him especially after complementing her lasagna.

"what do you do Alexander?" asked him dad, typical dad. he says a settled down and mature man is a key in serious relationships. especially to start a family.

"i'm studying business, i'll be taking over my dad's company once i graduate. i also do photography. my dad doesn't know of that but it really does well." i feel proud of the last statement.

"i admire photographers" i already eros and Xander will be talking a lot.

"why doesn't your father know about it" confusion was written on my parents faces.

"let's just say they aren't supportive and only wants me to be what they decide" he half smiled. the fact that he trusts my family enough to say this made me melt.

"i understand, unsupportive parents can truly suck, had them too" oh yeah.. my father's parents never were supportive either with his life.

"just have someone to support you and help you with your decisions, surely that's an mature adult" dad advised.

"i have my grandma, she's an amazing woman."

"where do you do your photography at?" eros had to butt in.

"definitely when i travel, i like picturing nature and cultures, so i have my camera with me all the time. also i do portraits, but mostly views. i have done also a few photoshoots with a couple magazines"

"you definitely like art don't you?"

"i love your sister, and she's definitely a work of art"

______________________________________

𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲?